Rex Energy

Frustrating

Former Employee - Geologist in Bridgeport, IL
Former Employee - Geologist in Bridgeport, IL

I worked at Rex Energy

Pros

I gained the experience needed to move on to a better company that would allow my career to grow

Cons

I was told upon hire that there would be "growth opportunities" After uprooting my family to live in a back water part of the country, I quickly realized there were really no prospects for career advancement at Rex.

Hire some people that actually know the oil and gas business. Pay your technical staff competitive wages, they are after all the people that allow an oil and gas company to be profitable.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Rex Energy (View Most Recent)

I gained valuable experience being an intern at Rex.

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Cranberry, PA
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Cranberry, PA

I worked at Rex Energy as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Company is growing fast and is very excited about it. CEO is very friendly and since the company is small I was able to interact with upper management. Relaxed environment especially at the Cranberry township office. Great people.

Cons

Not great pay for an internship. Program needs working on like gaining a mentor system.

I think they are taking risk and making good decisions. No advice I can think of.

A terrible company to work for. Run away.

Current Employee - Generalist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Generalist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Rex Energy

Pros

The people for the most part are quiet nice

Cons

Very long hours, working Saturday was normal, could never make weekend plans or go out of town, was lied to in interview process and told regular business hours. Working on the fourth of July, missing labor day to work. All normal with no compensation for doing so. This culture created by CEO who routinely came in on Saturday. Some in upper management are complete monsters trying to get others canned so they can be promoted. A culture of fear and intimidation.

Advice to the shareholders is to replace the board and existing management who are running the company into the ground.

There are newer employer reviews for Rex Energy