Rex Healthcare

www.rexhealth.com
  www.rexhealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rex Healthcare

Nursing Assistant: Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Rex Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working for Rex Healthcare for six years now. The benefits are great. The overall atmosphere at Rex is laid back and friendly. I actually enjoy coming to work most days. Overall, this is a great place to work.

Cons

The biggest challenge thus far is working with so many different people. At times it can be overwhelming to try to fit in with such a diverse crowd. My manager at times seems as if she does not know what is going on within the organization. I feel as if the units are so unorganized. We all need to be on the same page and know exactly what to expect in every situation. When I have a question about getting a task complete, I should not have to ask five different people in order to get an answer. There should be someone or a notebook that explains what should be done or how to handle the situation.

I feel that all of the upper managers should work on becoming more knowledgeable especially now when we are doing so much changing throughout the organization. There is a lack of continuity throughout and people who do not have degrees should get treated with more respect. At times, people with a degree tend to look down on those who do not have one. We are all people. Respect should be shown to everyone no matter what their situation. The biggest piece of advice would have to be for the managers to step up and help to improve their units. Let's get organized.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Rex Healthcare (View Most Recent)

I enjoyed my time at Rex Healthcare

Former Employee - Information Technology in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Rex Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was with Rex Healthcare for just under 14 years. During my time there I got to see how Rex not only dealt with their patients, but with their employees... compassion. Rex for the most part feels like a 'family'. There are many employees that have been with Rex for well over 20 years. One of my users just celebrated her 45 year anniversary.

Cons

While Rex can seem like a 'family' type of environment, it is slowly growing toward the 'corporate' feel. While I do feel a business has to make decisions *for* the business... it should not disregard what these decisions will do to their employees. Making enterprise-wide decisions without thinking of the effect on employees reduces employee morale and increases turnover.

As Rex promotes 'work / life' balance, it should remember 'corporate / employee' balance. It is its employees that HELP it to have a successful bottom line.

Great Company

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Rex Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very supportive of staff, they listen to staff and implement changes based on staff feedback. You feel like part of the team rather than a cog in a big wheel.

Cons

Cannot think of cons, it really is a great place to work!

Keep up the great work!