Reynolds American

www.reynoldsamerican.com
  www.reynoldsamerican.com
There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American

These people are not human

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

The benefits are reasonably good, although the employee's share is high. The physical environment i.e., workspace is nice and relatively new.

Cons

The people who run this organization are not human. They promote their "favorites" and you can be certain that the least qualified person who is a 'favorite' is the person who will be, and is, promoted. All communcations from management are written in corporate speak, you never understand what they are saying. Management does not follow the "core principles" of the organization, they make a big deal of following the core principles posted on the RAI website, but management are the worst offenders in terms of treating employees with disrespect and unfairly.

Stop with all the corporate B.S. - this organization is on an orgy of downsizing. Basically every 2 years they cut another 10% of the work force.

242 Other Employee Reviews for Reynolds American (View Most Recent)

Great Company!

Current Employee - Territory Manager II
    Current Employee - Territory Manager II

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

Competitive salary, great benefits and great opportunity for career growth. Tuition reimbursement is also a benefit. This company seems only to hire very dedicated and talented people. This is the first company that I have seen where I was unable to find a person that was not great at something.

Cons

Work life balance and rigid guidelines on internal career path. In order to gain a position in a desired career path you must first walk through all levels of the company. This is great in practice however to gain a job in finance, marketing or upper management it can take a long time based on opportunities and positions available.

Allow for more career growth opportunities outside of the standard path. Or allow for an exposure program so staff can gain experience / connections in other sdepartments within the company.

Very good culture, leadership, and training, you work hard and have fun as well.

Current Employee - Senior Division Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Division Manager

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

Senior management and brand marketing leadership is in sync with marketplace changes and keeping their Trade Marketing Team one step ahead. Very progressive culture, treats their employee's very well and strong compensation package and culture vs "like" CPG companies. Need to be self starting and not someone that needs their manager on top of them, open to their employee's personal time needs and very flexible within reason.

Cons

Public and media perceptions of the tobacco industry are very one sided. Once you work here, you see that we're just like any big CPG company fighting it out at retail and we are very ethical about how we do business.

Keep keeping us one step ahead and give us good idea's to work with. Keep leading against the competition while exploiting any competitive advantages that present themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American