There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American

Tobacco is a declining market and so is RJ Reynolds

Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Chattanooga, TN
Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

The pay that RJ Reynolds offers is good and so are the benefits.

Cons

Reynolds has a very unfair promotion process. People are not promoted on their performance, but instead they are promoted on personal favors and personal friendships with management.

My suggestion would be to interview for promotions instead of letting management chose their friends over hard working employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great for advancement

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

Great opportunity for advancement, and you own your geographic territory. The benefits are pretty good. There is a flexible scedule which leaves time for a good work life balance.

Cons

The constant change in direction from upper management. We are defiantly not compensated for the amount of work we do. We are the lowest paid of all the major tobacco companies, with the exception of commonwealth. The industry as a whole is in a steady decline so I really don't know if there is a long term future in the tobacco industry.

N/A

Great company, great pay, great communication... Non-passionate complacence need not apply!!

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

Great pay, flexible schedule, lots of perks, benefits are great... Company car, merit increases/bonuses, 401K match + enhancements, work out of your home, cell and internet expenses, etc... Open communication with management. Always learning something new about strategy and marketing. Management will always back you up on decisions made in the field. Management gives you a lot of creative freedom and executive power over your territory. As long as you have the ability to quickly adjust and embrace change, you will do well at RJRT. This is a job you have to be passionate and motivated about.

Cons

There are times when the work load can seem overwhelming. This is not an 8-5 job. There are some employees who linger in 'transition' positions until retirement. This disables the ability for entry-level/TM's to be promoted to management as quickly/easily as initially suggested by senior management. This limits the ability for the company to properly groom the more abitious and motivated youth they so strongly recruit to eventually 'run the company!'

Be more realistic when suggesting a time frame for promotion. Be sure the expectations of your reps is more clearly stated.

There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American