Reynolds American
www.reynoldsamerican.com Winston-Salem, NC 5000+ Employees

Former employee - Retail Rep in 90s and TMAS Analyst in late 2000s

TMAS Analyst (Former Employee)
Winston-Salem, NC

ProsThe pay and benefits are great, no doubt about that. While in the field it's a great company in that you get a company car and some autonomy/less micro-management.

ConsIn the Home Office there are constant political games and backstabbing going on. All the managers are jockeying for position and the rest of the workers are just trying to hang on. There are CONSTANT changes in what Senior Management claims they are trying to do and, in reality, they usually have no idea as to what is going on below them. The moral is exceptionally bad and the chances for promotion are very, very poor unless you become a favourite of some manager, look good, are young (new grad preferably)...and preferably all of the above.
There is little, if any, respect for Senior Management as they have no idea at all just how poor the moral is or how hopeless a great many of the employees actually feel.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what is happening in your own company instead of just focusing on your next six or seven figure bonus.

Job Review

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Nice benefits, company car, opportunity to advance career with seminars to advance career.… Cons: Not much balance in the work vs. family time. High pressure… Advice to Senior Management: Need more time during day to set route for next… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Company that will continue to downsize

Territory Manager III (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than a year

Pros: Not hard work, just need to stay organized and plan… Cons: Tobacco industry will continue to consolidate sales force due to… Advice to Senior Management: Push back to Senior Level management and down focus on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Reynolds American.

Worked for Reynolds American? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reynolds American reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reynolds American CEO Daniel M. Delen. All reviews posted anonymously by Reynolds American employees.