There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American

Don't drink the RJR Kool-Aid

Former Employee - Account Manager Trade Marketing  in  Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Account Manager Trade Marketing in Nashville, TN

I worked at Reynolds American

Pros

You can take vacation whenever you want. Good place to start if you are right out of school. The company is desperate for young people to engage young smokers face-to-face. The company will embrace you and promote you quickly.

Cons

VERY political. I could go on all day here. They treat everybody, employees, customer, consumers, like crap. They think by saying something it makes it so (we are ethical, passionate.....etc) They are anything but. Senior management has no clue. I was with them for 21 years, and the company lost share every year. Like playing for the Cubs- lose EVERY time. The company is hemorraging cash, and will probably soon be bought by a competitor.

This company is beyond repair.

227 Other Employee Reviews for Reynolds American (View Most Recent)

Tobacco is a declining market and so is RJ Reynolds

Current Employee - Territory Manager III  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

The pay that RJ Reynolds offers is good and so are the benefits.

Cons

Reynolds has a very unfair promotion process. People are not promoted on their performance, but instead they are promoted on personal favors and personal friendships with management.

My suggestion would be to interview for promotions instead of letting management chose their friends over hard working employees.

It all depends on your manager!

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

You have a company car and the salary is relatively good. You also get to travel a great deal if that apeals to you. Although these are business trips, you fly to exciting places like Chicago and Las Vegas. The company has spent several dollars entertaining employess whiles on these business trips. Entertainment includes renting entire clubs, doing concerts with performers, including David Roth, The Roots and Miri Bin Ari. You have a lot of autonomy with this job, with manager work-withs about two to three times per month. You are totally responsible for your territory and creativity is encouraged.

Cons

It is a tobacco company. Your satisfaction with the job is based significantly on the manager to whom you report.

Promote based on performance, dedication, and true leadership abilities, not simply one's mobility.

There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American

Worked for Reynolds American? Contribute to the Community!