There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American

Great place to get cross functional experience

I worked at Reynolds American full-time

Pros

Exposure to top execs across all functions
Ability to grow and move up

Cons

Not a lot of external hiring

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Pay is "ok" 60+ hrs/wk; the company seems headed towards MICRO mgmt. as good DMs are headed out & replaced by micro mgrs

Current Employee - Territory Manager III
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits (i.e. company car, small reimbursement for cell/internet). If you had asked me 1-2 years ago I would have said the pros span across the board: salary, bonus, fun work environment, great work life balance, great perks, great management (DM level), great company (this was during the Susan Ivey era). Since then, the company has gone south, 8am - 7pm work days with no lunch aren't uncommon, "work/life" balance is now "work/work some more" and management spends more time being "yes men" to their higher ups than they do focusing and thinking about implementing ideas that can actually give results.

Cons

Freedom & work/life balance which was a major selling point for working here is gone, company seems to have 0 confidence in reps to do their jobs & have implemented systems to 'keep tabs' on where you are at all times during the day...take a lunch a 11:30 & everyone above you will know. As such most work straight through lunch.

Advice to Management

Honor your commitments to us, what happened to transparency? What happened to home/life balance? No one knows our territory's better than us, why do we need 5 different people telling us 5 different things & questioning us on "why is a sign there or there."

IF YOU SAY WE ARE OUR OWN CEO'S, LET US BE OUR OWN CEO'S! Show that you believe in our ability and integrity, and remove "big brother" from our systems; keep it for anything internal but don't allow it to be visible to everyone...I guarantee productivity will continually decline as more and more DM's spend more time watching that clock & our calendars, resulting in more phonecalls from DM's (Why weren't you here at "such & such time" or "why did you take this hour break at this time") these phone calls have become detrimental to productivity! Instead of strict focus on business, reps are more & more concerned with the computer, and every time we have to explain ourselves, it takes away from what we could be doing to improve business! The computer is a "reporting tool" with proper preparation analyzing reports, etc We could easily work without a computer for a week and be more productive by making calls & taking notes on paper.

2. Great

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time

Pros

Great company to work for and lots of perks.

Cons

A lot of change and expectations for every aspect of the job