Reynolds American
www.reynoldsamerican.com Winston-Salem, NC 5000+ Employees

I'm a MGR, You're a MGR,We're all MGRs, Wouldn't you like to be a manager too?

Territory Manager II (Current Employee)

ProsThis company is by far the best and most innovative of the big 3 tobacco companies. They invest a lot into the products, staff, company vehicles, meeting and training tools.I believe they will once again become the #1 company in the category due to the upper level execs.This job allows for flexibility, growth, decent lifestyle (location depending), and the possibility of a career.

ConsThe job is pitched to you as a "promotion based on performance" type company. While this phrase is true, the reality of the situation is very slow, very fast or a glass ceiling. There are guidelines to follow for promotion but depending on location and/or district manager, you may be more likely to move up faster. This job can affect your personal life due to workload, travel time and total learning curve. Also the opportunity to transfer exist but, is very unlikely to happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that mgmt shouldn't always be as politically correct with the issues. I would adjust the job pitch process to lay out a likely timeline for promotion, have location options available, and have some positions become tenured.

Awesome Company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Reynolds American

Pros: Teamwork atmosphere Coaching method of leadership Room for growth Cons: Long grueling hours Conveying and making sure business trends with Customers… More

If you can put up with little white lies of management then not too bad

Territory Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: flexible hours and controlling own territory Cons: Smugness of senior management and no advancement if you've been… More
There are newer reviews on Reynolds American.

Worked for Reynolds American? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reynolds American reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reynolds American CEO Daniel M. Delen. All reviews posted anonymously by Reynolds American employees.