Reynolds American
www.reynoldsamerican.com Winston-Salem, NC 5000+ Employees

Good benefits,, Small professional reward

Territory Manager II (Former Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I worked at Reynolds American full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere is a lot to like about working for RJ Reynolds as a TM. The benefits are solid, the pay is above average when compared to other TM positions and you have a lot of freedom to work from a home office. As a TM, you are also provided with a company car with no personal use restrictions, your internet is provided at home as well as wirelessly through a "Jet Pack," and you are provided a cell phone allowance.

ConsThis is not a very professionally rewarding position. Most of the work you do is "busy work" that really has no value to the company. You could literally work 7-8 days a month and be an overachiever in this position. The laid back company culture is very enjoyable, but the job unfortunately grows ever more redundant. There has been very little opportunity for career advancement over the last 3-4 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice for management. I believe that most of the management team is doing what is necessary to get themselves noticed. If anything, since RJR is a company that promotes from within, don't take your position too seriously. You have held the same position as your subordinates, and you know the ups and downs of the position... manage with that information in mind.

Great company

Account Manager Trade Marketing (Current Employee)
Greenville, SC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Training is excellent. Great benefits. Cons: Very political for moving up. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I'm a MGR, You're a MGR,We're all MGRs, Wouldn't you like to be a manager too?

Territory Manager II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than a year

Pros: This company is by far the best and most innovative of the big 3 tobacco companies. They invest a lot into the products, staff, company… Cons: The job is pitched to you as a "promotion based on performance" type company. While this phrase is true, the reality of the situation… Advice to Senior Management: I believe that mgmt shouldn't always be as politically correct with the issues. I would adjust the job pitch… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Reynolds American.

Worked for Reynolds American? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reynolds American reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reynolds American CEO Daniel M. Delen. All reviews posted anonymously by Reynolds American employees.