Overall, great company to work for to further career.

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Territory Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

The company offers strong leadership development, comprehensive hands on training. There is ample opportunity for career advancement for those willing to work hard and demonstrate success in established leadership dimensions. Many perks - company car, gas paid, flexible work schedules, ownership of territory.

Cons

The salary paid in urban areas is not ideal for cost of living. Extra effort could be given to better adjust for high cost areas. The company also hangs on to unproductive members of the workforce longer than necessary - quick elimination of the those unwilling to demonstrate potential would better serve the entire team.

Continue to focus on the dimensions of a good leader and bringing those characteristics to the workforce with new employment.

Other Reviews for Reynolds American

Great company but far from perfect

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Fe, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe, NM

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

Creative work environment. Very casual and supportive of work family balance. Good salary and benefits packages. Not many places that will pay for 100% of medical and dental, but I guess they should as it is a smoking environment.

Cons

This company is filled with politics. Many employees are mediocre at their jobs and very petty.

Reward true performers and truly live the vision. You already do 80% of the time kick it up a notch and take it to 100%.

Great for advancement

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

Great opportunity for advancement, and you own your geographic territory. The benefits are pretty good. There is a flexible scedule which leaves time for a good work life balance.

Cons

The constant change in direction from upper management. We are defiantly not compensated for the amount of work we do. We are the lowest paid of all the major tobacco companies, with the exception of commonwealth. The industry as a whole is in a steady decline so I really don't know if there is a long term future in the tobacco industry.

N/A

There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American.

Worked for Reynolds American? Contribute to the Community!