Reynolds American

www.reynoldsamerican.com

Territory Manager means Glorified Merchandiser in this Company

Territory Manager III (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThere are many great Pros to the job like a company car, paid personal gas and insurance, full benefits, cell phone and internet allowance. There are some pretty nice co-workers you will come across, and the freedom of not having to see a manager everyday is great. The CEO is also a very nice and down to earth guy if you ever get a chance to meet him.

ConsKeep in mind that the tobacco industry is declining, but Division Managers will constantly put pressure on you to increase share for 2nd tier Camel products that are much less popular than the competition (Altria).

Cons:
1. Don't even think about career advancement, because there are barely any positions to strive for. Even if you do become a division manager after 5-10 years, you will still be going into gas stations and liquor stores for a living.
2. Going into gas stations and liquors stores everyday will frustrate you and you will often deal with hostile situations.
3. If you accept any relocation and moving bonus you will have to repay it if you leave within a year, and the company will charge you interest if you can't pay in a lump sum
4. You will not be able to use your brain at all and have to do merchandising all day (aka hanging up signs and changing signs).
5. The longer you spend in the company the more stupid you will feel. You will be out of touch with highly important skills you learn at other companies and even in excel classes at school.
6. The company hires 1.5 people per day, because there are so many dissatisfied employees. Probably 4/5 people I have come across are actively looking for new employment.
9. No real sense of team. It really does feel lonely after a while especially if you had to relocate and your closest co-worker is far away.

My advice to any college graduates or people with some sort of ambition who are on the job hunt: Skip this job and keep waiting for a better company!

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that many people are highly talented and skilled in performing job functions other than merchandising and you will stop having such a high employee turnover.

Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Co: No Leadership, Bad Culture

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time

Pros: Decent starting salary, company car, benefits, 401k with match. Cons: 1.) Treated as property; salary means "you do". No motivators outside of "we pay you". 2.) Clocking in/ out: that's right, as a salaried outside sales… Advice to Senior Management: Gut all Director level positions and start from scratch. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Perfect opportunity for "hungry" College Grad's to kickstart their professional career

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -Opportunities for upward mobility if you are willing to RELOCATE and put in the work to get there. -Work Hard, Play Hard Company culture (if you're… Cons: -little opportunity to be creative. Much of the work is execution and robotic based. Unfortunately, the job can get somewhat monotonous and boring. -inconsistency at entry… Advice to Senior Management: Give people the opportunity to share new ideas, practice creativity and innovation. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Reynolds American.

Worked for Reynolds American? Contribute to the Community!