Reynolds American

Don't Bother/ Management to be desired

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Portsmouth, VA
Former Employee - Territory Manager in Portsmouth, VA

I worked at Reynolds American

Pros

*Flexability
* benefits including company car
* work independently, no boss constantly with you
* somewhere or place different daily
*yearly conference to gather all employees
* salary is okay, but could use improvement

Cons

*un-obtainable objectives and goals
* no matter how much experience, you must have a degree & be relocateable or forget a promotion!!!
* management can definitely be one sided/ its not what you do! its if your manager likes you!
* listen to the field, we are out here everyday doing what we do best
*company direction changes constantly and not always for the best

*plan your work and work your plan/
*why so much stress, its only tobacco
* treat all equal
* check out competitive salaries

243 Other Employee Reviews for Reynolds American (View Most Recent)

Enjoyed working for RJR but needed a change

Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Reynolds American

Pros

Great company to work for out of college. All the benefits are a plus. car, phone, internet, expense account (cc), paid time off, sick days, personal days. Moving up is more than possible if you are willing to relocate and work hard for it.

I would recommend this job to new college grads looking to venture into sales. It has greatly helped me to build a strong resume. It will give you great training and teach you territory management skills.

Cons

The business is changing rapidly. The tobacco industry is falling fast and the company is trying to invent smokeless products to fix a nicotine addictions. People started smoking to enjoy the relaxing past time. With all the health risks and the FDA restrictions the company will be looking at some serious changes. People are always fearing the loss of their jobs and down sizing. It's an uneasy industry if your looking to enter it now.

Plan on working none stop. You will always be on our email. They change VERY quickly in this company. As soon as you think you are caught up , you will start all over agin with something new. The job never stops and is always going in different directions.

This is a industry not liked by many people. You MUST have thick skin because you WILL have people make comments to you while you are out working. I have personally been called a murderer. I have also been called a bad person on several occasions once on a plane ride and once by a homeless person. You are the face of the company and people WILL blame you for their personal stories.

Look at hiring people based on skill rather than mobility. You are loosing good candidates because of it.

Territory Manager III

Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Houston, TX

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

Good salary and benefits package

Cons

No room for advancement unless you network correctly. Promotions are based on knowing the right people rather than competence. Higher taxes and FDA regulation will eventually change what the current job position is drastically.

Remove all previously Brown & Williamson executives from CEO on down, and fix the massive favoritism within the organization. Fixing both of those issues would prevent the company from being used as a place for individuals to simply "move up the ladder" and then leave quickly; as well as prevent the company from rotting within due to low morale.

You can not rely on constant turnover within the organization and still keep the morale. The morale is tanking, and tanking hard... as well as share.

There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American