There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American

Territory Manager is a good starting job.

Current Employee - Territory Manager
Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

Great Benefits, Pay, Flexibility and Tuition Reimbursement.

Cons

Some of areas are too expensive to live in and compensation does not always go a long way since it is equal for everyone starting out.

Look at some other salaries for certain areas.

232 Other Employee Reviews for Reynolds American (View Most Recent)

RJ Reynolds Newly Hired Territory Managers

Current Employee - Territory Manager III
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

The benefits are outstanding. We are in a time where employers are taking them away and RJ Reynolds still have 401k match, short & long term disability, company car, cell phone and internet paid monthly

Cons

Very dynamic industry so the compass changes constantly

When first starting work really hard to shine fast, and then your career will coast. If you do not have a supportive manager you will go no where, so transfer as soon as you are able.

working for rj reynolds

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

If you are working for a supervisor who truly is an excellent coach, it can be great. Many nice people work for rj reynolds. The president Susan Ivy as well as many of the other higher ups are very nice. the working culture is much better in the mid-west and the western united states.
    company car, phone allowance, internet allowance is all included. You will learn a lot as far as sales go. If you can sell tobacco, other companies figure you can sell anything.

Cons

Your job performance is based soley on whomever is your supervisor/coach. Had numerous fantastic bosses. Had two horrible bosses. One just didn't teach anything, the other took my ideas for business plans and said they were his/her own. Bullied, threatened, and sabatoged every aspect of my career. The problem is there is no one to back you because you are basically on your own. So beware if you get a bad boss immediately contact HR.

There needs to be a better way to evaluate employee performance. sitting through the process makes me sick to my stomach. I observe managers throwing excellent employees under the bus to make themselves look better. all territory reps, account managers, key account managers, etc should have to ask at least three people to evaluate them as part of the performance based bonus . Rj reynolds is losing and will continue to lose excellent key people due to some really poor managers. No one should be written up before HR contacts them to get their side of the story.

There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American

Worked for Reynolds American? Contribute to the Community!