Reynolds American

www.reynoldsamerican.com
  www.reynoldsamerican.com
There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American

Territory Manager is a good starting job.

Current Employee - Territory Manager
Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

Great Benefits, Pay, Flexibility and Tuition Reimbursement.

Cons

Some of areas are too expensive to live in and compensation does not always go a long way since it is equal for everyone starting out.

Look at some other salaries for certain areas.

240 Other Employee Reviews for Reynolds American (View Most Recent)

Good school to spend a few years

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Reynolds American

Pros

Consumer focused decisions
    Encouraged and forced to think outside the box
    Classical CPG training
    Experience with non-traditional communication

Cons

Negative stigma of tobacco industry
    Unfavorable outsider perception of breadth and depth of jobs' responsibilities
    Perception of non-classical CPG training

Stop laying off people - even if they are NOT needed: you need a strong bench and people need direct reports to train
    Be even more Consumer focused
    Remember your origins to build the future

working for rj reynolds

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

If you are working for a supervisor who truly is an excellent coach, it can be great. Many nice people work for rj reynolds. The president Susan Ivy as well as many of the other higher ups are very nice. the working culture is much better in the mid-west and the western united states.
    company car, phone allowance, internet allowance is all included. You will learn a lot as far as sales go. If you can sell tobacco, other companies figure you can sell anything.

Cons

Your job performance is based soley on whomever is your supervisor/coach. Had numerous fantastic bosses. Had two horrible bosses. One just didn't teach anything, the other took my ideas for business plans and said they were his/her own. Bullied, threatened, and sabatoged every aspect of my career. The problem is there is no one to back you because you are basically on your own. So beware if you get a bad boss immediately contact HR.

There needs to be a better way to evaluate employee performance. sitting through the process makes me sick to my stomach. I observe managers throwing excellent employees under the bus to make themselves look better. all territory reps, account managers, key account managers, etc should have to ask at least three people to evaluate them as part of the performance based bonus . Rj reynolds is losing and will continue to lose excellent key people due to some really poor managers. No one should be written up before HR contacts them to get their side of the story.

There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American