There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American

What used to be a great career has turned into a nightmare.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

car, yearly bonus, cell phone allowance

Cons

Division managers are supposed to mentor. I have been subjected to a manager that expects me to figure it out myself. Has NEVER given constructive comments or taught me any aspect of my job. How could I have been good enough to get promoted and suddenly I am "horrible"? I am going to have to leave this job because the mental anguish I am being put through is not worth it. Working over 60 hours a week to try to "figure it out on my own" because I am afraid to ask a question because this manager loves to fire people.

Advice to Management

You have some rogue managers that need to "hit the road". You have people terrified that if they complain of unfair treatment they will be fired. Practice what you preach and value ALL employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Reynolds American

Loved, loved, loved this company until the merge with Brown and Williamson.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Pros

Great money. Pride in company. Fair. Great benefits. Reward hard work.

Cons

Since the merge the company says that the joint workforce is one happy family. RJR employees are disappearing and former B&W employees are being kept even though some are not qualified to be in the positions that they are in. The company wants you to be a "china breaker" and proactive, yet if your ideas differ from the person you report to, you are berated and not heard. They want you to do your job and what your manager tells you to do. Don't different ideas and opinions end up brining the best results? If you keep trying to bring up your ideas in a positive manner for purely the right reasons,(most efficient, proven, respected, credible) they will make you disappear because you look more intelligent then your boss. Then once you leave they wil take your ideas and call them their own.

Advice to Management

Excellent company if you are applying for an entry level position. Great pay, benefits and ability to gain experience in a difficult business. Get all you can and then move on within 5 years. Goal oriented, not people oriented.

2. my experience was pretty good.

Current Employee - Territory Manager II in Coram, NY
    Current Employee - Territory Manager II in Coram, NY

Pros

The best reason to work for this company is the company car

Cons

If you are not mobil you can not be promoted.

Advice to Management

To allow their reps to do their jobs and not work them so much and mirco manager