Reynolds American

www.reynoldsamerican.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American

This a a company that will challenge your talents and reward you as you accomplish your goals.

Current Employee - Manufacturing
Current Employee - Manufacturing

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

Benefits, Compensation, and Opprotunities, but you must be patient, turnover is low.

Cons

It is tobacco and the political environment is against the industry.

Allow the supervisors to spend more time with the employees.

246 Other Employee Reviews for Reynolds American (View Most Recent)

Great benefits & pay, false promises and slightly boring

Current Employee - Territory Manager II
    Current Employee - Territory Manager II

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

- Competitive base salary
    - Strong yearly bonus incentive
    - Autonomy & freedom without having to report to an office everyday
    - The people I worked with every day were exciting and fun - I made a lot of friends during my time with the company
    - Great perks, i.e. company car with personal use, 401K match program, vested after 2 years, three weeks vacation on hire date, insurance

Cons

- Yearly performance and bonus is based off managers' panel process during which they evaluate all people below them to determine their "ranking". Rankings are not very objectively determined and the range of what one needs to do to garner a higher ranking, therefore a higher bonus & pay raise, is very broad.
    - Changed pay increase structure in the middle of my first year, therefore cheating me out of my two year pay increase due to my hire date. When I put in my notice, I was two years and four months with the company and still operating off of my one year pay increase salary.
    - Can be tedious - after one and a half years doing the job I was beginning to get very bored.
    - The more mobile you are for relocation, the more quickly you will be promoted, regardless of your seniority. Those who are unwilling to relocate will most likely be lifelong Territory Managers.

- Try to find a more objective way to determine pay increases/bonuses/rankings.
    - Don't make false promises of promotions within a certain time range to those you don't think will be promoted.
    - Don't change pay structures in the middle of people's tenure with the company! So incredibly unfair.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

-Great pay for recent grads
    -Awesome benefits ( medical, 401k, free car, gas, credit card, phone and internet allowance)
    -Work independently

Cons

-Very bad balance between work life and family life
    -Work days are not to bad, 8-5. After work there is countless emails and paperwork to read through
    -Declining industry

My advice to management would be to stop making your employee`s do countless task and have them concentrate on what is actually important. Getting product in the store and helping customers sell more.

There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American