Reynolds and Reynolds

www.reyrey.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Decent place to get started, but get out once you have experience

Former Employee - Engineer - IT Department in Dayton, OH
Former Employee - Engineer - IT Department in Dayton, OH

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

This is a decent place for someone fresh out of school looking for a first career. In the IT department, you can move up to an Engineering-level position pretty quickly if you work hard.

The people here are mostly nice and the company does a pretty good job of holding social events where you can meet people and make friends. Lots of young people working here, so that's a plus too, if you're young as well.

Cons

Once you get a little bit of experience there, its time to get out and find a new job. They don't do a good job of training and developing their Engineering-level IT personnel. Training budget is non-existent.

Compensation is TERRIBLE. I cannot stress that enough. You get really pitiful raises, even if you are promoted time and time again (as I have been). I'd say for an Engineer-level IT employee, compensation is about 40-50% below the industry average.

IT management is competent and reasonable, but upper-management demands cost reductions at any price. Be prepared to work with outdated, second-rate technology.

Take care of your people better. Your company is constantly losing its most talented people because they're that are quickest to realize how poorly they are being treated/compensated.

563 Other Employee Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds (View Most Recent)

Great place to work if you enjoy working with computers, both hardware and software.

Current Employee - Software Support in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Software Support in College Station, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

Reynolds is a great company that offers plenty of benefits to their employees.
    - Good starting pay
    -Will hire entry level job seekers regardless of education background. They do prefer college educated however.
    -Fantastic training program. Will teach you everything you need to know to do your job well.
    -Medical benefits are very affordable.
    -401k company matching begins on day 1. Reynolds matches 100% of your contribution. up to 6% of your net pay
    -On sight fitness center and cafeteria with more food options you could ever need.
    - There is plenty of opportunities to exceed expectations by working overtime and taking on extra duties to impress your superiors and earn a raise.
    -You have the opportunity to increase your pay multiple times per year if you put in the extra effort.

Cons

- My biggest complait is the lack of mobility I have at my job. Depending on what position you are hired for you may be sitting in a cubicle in front of a computer all day. However there are other jobs at Reynolds that do not ask this of you.
    -Another downside is I don't see how the experience working for Reynolds will help you during future job searches if you dont want to stay in the Software/hardware area.

I found it to be educational and an overall pleasant experience.

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Kettering, OH
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Kettering, OH

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

-Friendly People
    -Great Management
    -Nice Facilities such as Cafeteria and Gym
    -Very Professional Work Atmosphere
    -You work with top of the line products in your industry which makes your job easier as selling the best beats pitching inferior products.

Cons

-Low pay even for internship standards and high employee turnover.

Keep doing what you are doing in terms of managing and training people as you guys do a great job with that. Although if you wish to retain more talent you should probably raise your salaries.

There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds