There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Middling and a little boring

Former Employee - Network Operations Center Technician in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Network Operations Center Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

Good Insurance program, company does interact with lower level employees via monthly parties and a yearly company BBQ and Picnic. Good opportunity to work on high level equipment

Cons

Management does not care about technicians. Will not foster educational growth in your work field. Does not want to give their customers the best service.

Advice to Management

Knowledge is power and the best technicians are the smart technicians. Don't promote a woman just because she is a woman promote her because she earned it.

reviews filtered by

People are leaving this place like rats on a sinking ship!

Former Employee - IDSC in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - IDSC in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

Company Car and Gas Card
    Flexible Schedule as a Virtual Office Employee
    Every Car Dealership is your customer because of item only provided by R&R
    Co-Workers Regional Sales Managers are great and deserve much better for their long and dedicated service to R&R!

Cons

The Owner (Bob Brockman AKA Mr. Smithers) is out of touch with it's customers, employees and reality and would consistently send out emails to the entire company slamming President Obama or other non business related topics that he would somehow connect to the relevance of his topic of choice (VERY WEIRD and UNPROFESSIONAL). A recent decision was made to remove Brockman from the head post which has since stopped the weird emails, but you know he is still working the puppet they currently have in place!
    Benefits are horrible and very expensive (See comment above out Obama, as the owner warned the employees that if Obama was elected and healthcare reform passed, that he would pass the cost on to them, which he has!)
    Customers despise the Owner (Brockman) and will avoid doing business at any cost!
    Presidents Club/300 Club (Top Sales Reward Trip) was in San Diego Ca. this past year, when other "real companies" have their trips in places that people ACTUALLY want to go to like Hawaii, Europe, or anywhere that is exotic or a resort type of destination
    Non smoking policy in which if nicotine is detected in your random drug test, you can be terminated.(I'm not a smoker, but this doesn't seem right and just another odd thing brought on by the new owner who spun it as a way to improve the health of employees and lower health benefit costs, but the cost of health benefits actually keep going up and getting worse)

Advice to Management

Sell the Forms Division off to someone that wants to make a difference and dump the DMS side of the company since Brockman is just going to drive it into the ground until the day he dies if not sooner! Microsoft would probably pay a pretty good penny to grab the market share and customer base and they would probably actually compete with ADP who is currently KICKING YOUR ASSES!

Management Emotionally Detached

Current Employee - Programmer in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Programmer in College Station, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

- Met some nice coworkers.
    - Cafeteria onsite (but they threatened me to use it)

Cons

Management is emotionally detached with employees. They smile and act nice and proper, but they seem so superficial. They are ridged in their management style, don't really socialize outside of their circle of friends and rarely come to outside events, even ones sponsored by the company. The walls are all white (can't they hire a decorator?) and they have cubical farms, blah. I just don't see how someone can work in this environment year after year.
        I've continually received very favorable reviews for the time I've been here, and had an OK raise, but I cant wait to get out of here once my wife graduates college. The work isn't bad, I could see myself staying in the field, but I just can't tolerate the management style of this company, it is just so impersonal. This place reminds me of The Office TV show sometimes with the awkward management style, but with a less personal supervisor and manager and a sterilized (like a psych ward) office environment.
    P.S. The smoking policy is ridiculous. I would like to smoke a cigar from time-to-time.