Fair and Balanced

Current Employee - Sales in Kettering, OH
Current Employee - Sales in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Reynolds is great about giving good opportunities to new young salespeople. They are a great jumping off point for any salesperson looking at software sales because of the experience and training that they offer. The pay is a little below market for software sales and for the workload, but it is fair and there is opportunity to make good money if you work hard and add a little luck.

Cons

Big brother is always watching and has been for quite some time. Company is managed by ominous reports at every level to the point where it only makes sense that upper management (VP level and up) are compensated based on how they rank in non-sales related reporting. Often times big pay day is a carrot at the end of the stick and can bite you at any point by no fault of your own.

Advice to Management

Take the reigns off and let the sales flow. Reputation in the marketplace could change overnight by treating your employees and customers better.

reviews filtered by

Good company gone bad

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Kettering, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

When I started with Reynolds and Reynolds, it had a family feeling to the company. It was a great place to work, and I recommended it to others. That is all gone now.

Cons

After it got bought by Bob Brockman, it went from a good company to a horrible place to work. They treat employees like crap, are low paying, and fire anyone for no reason.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust your employees

Cog in the machine

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm moderately paid and have access to moderately expensive health care. I had a nice white office, but they were super a-retentive about me decorating it. They have a cafeteria, but I eat out all the time because the food isn't to my tastes.

Cons

The owner is a hardcore Republican and would rather give millions to the GOP and a little trophy to me for my good service than give me a decent raise. Long hours, low pay and sub-par management. What a gip. No wonder they have a problem with employee retention. Now, I have to job search again.