Reynolds And Reynolds

Current Employee - Product Manager in Kettering, OH
Current Employee - Product Manager in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Reynolds is a solid company. Good people for the most part. There has been a lot of talk comparing the old Reynolds to the new Reynolds. I think by now everyone is aware it is not the same Reynolds. It is a different company with different values. If you do not like the current culture look else where. Reynolds will offer a steady job.

Cons

Do not expect to have your career sky rocket. There is very little opportunity for career growth. If you are looking for a long term company, I suggest that you at other opportunities.

Advice to Management

This is my perception for what it is worth; Senior management seem to lack the skills and experience to run a large organization. I believe that most are from Houston and to my knowledge do not have formal training to manage such a large organization. Either hire others or train the senior management team with the skills needed to keep Reynolds going.

Other Employee Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Decent job with substandard pay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, low stress, good caliber of people overall. There are opportunities for advancement, especially due to high turnover. This would be a good first job for people just out of college who are ok with living with their parents.

Cons

You WILL live with your parents due to substandard pay. High turnover, so don't bother to make friends. Management is VERY out of touch with who is working for them. For example: at monthly meetings they commend employees by reading off a description clearly written by someone else, then mispronounce the employee's name, making it pretty embarrassing for everyone involved. The expectation is for employees to voluntarily work overtime (at a salaried job) an tend to reward them with recognition and praise rather than something useful (like money). Staff is mostly recent college graduates who are young, single and often working their first jobs. This would be fine for someone also in that position, but for more established people it's an annoying distraction. It may not be true company-wide, but the department in which I work promotes people to supervisory positions based on no obvious set of criteria. This is good in the sense that anyone could be promoted when it's "their turn," regardless of their suitability for a position, but bad in the sense that the overall quality of the supervisors is uneven at best.

Advice to Management

If you pay them, they will stay.

Miserable environment to work in

Former Employee - F&I Ops Programmer in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - F&I Ops Programmer in Duluth, GA

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, good co-workers(we were like a big family working together), descent building location to food.

Cons

Constant job uncertainty, upper management was doing its best to drive the company into the ground during an uncertain point in the recession, and oh yeah they shut down our office and they laid us all off.

Advice to Management

Shutting out your small customers in favor of the larger ones is not the best way to run a profitable business. You should have done better to keep all of your customers.