There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Keep your head down, take orders , keep your mouth shut. They do not want people who can think.

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Give in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Prefer Not to Give in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Employment , in a time wherein the economy is not the best.
Decent Insurance
Fairly well respected company in the industry. Although, it not as good as is used to be.

Cons

There were a lot of Pro's before Brockman and his cronies took over.
Before that reviews were fair and correct.
Reviews now are a joke! They are always slanted to make you look bad, no matter what, and no matter what they say!
Before Brockman, you could get a raise and a decent one at that.
Raises do not exist anymore!
Before Brockman you could show your knowledge and shine.
You could take classes, learn, get a degree, and it helped you.
Not now!
Now, all they want to do is have you document it, so that they can get a monkey to do your job.
Before Brockman you could work and not live in fear of job loss day to day.
Ruling by fear and intimidation is now S.O.P.
Job loss has nothing to do if you are a good employee, it has to do with favortism, shenanigns , politics etc.
They also claim to take away silos, That is far from the truth, they put them up. Work was taken away from people who knew what they were doing and given to people that were clueless all because Bob Brockman believed that people in software are smarter than people in hardware.
Get at clue Bobo!
Just because a person was in a hardware group does not mean they did not know programming, operating systems etc,
Not allowing people to pursue other things they are interested in because of some archaic belief in someone being poached is plain stupid!
If you continue to promote people with little experience and beat down the people with experience it may help you initial bottom line, but long term it will hurt you!
It is also interesting that the only people that get accolades are for the most part newer employees. That is staged! There is no way people with years of skill and knowledge also are not doing a fantastic job. The only reason they do not get accolades is because it is part of the political shenanigans, posturing that is done. If someone with experience, that is probably paid more is not given these awards is because, if they do not look good on paper, then it is easier to justify letting them go, and therefore reducing the payroll paid. Shame on you!
Do you think people do not all know this stuff ?

When you rule by fear, it will come back to bite you!
Even the dog that has been beaten down can still bite!

529 Other Employee Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds (View Most Recent)

Do your time and get out, but only if you Need the job.

Former Employee - Helpdesk Support in Kettering, OH
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Support in Kettering, OH

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a job if you cannot find one elsewhere.

Cons

Benefits were great but are becoming non-existant.
    They provide training, but now they make you rely on manuals and you will learn nothing you can take elsewhere.
    If you stick your head up it will be cut off. They do not like shining stars.
    Everything is your fault and your supervisor WILL throw you under the bus.
    The associates are all unhappy and the renaining customers are as well.

Sell the company to someone who knows what they are doing.

Former Software Developer

Former Employee - Application Developer in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Application Developer in Dayton, OH

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Located in a new, clean facility with a free gym on site. There is also a cafeteria on site with good, adequately priced food

Cons

Where do I start......
    7 years ago Reynolds was a well respected employer in the community....then CEO/owner Bob Brockman bought out the company and brought his "unique" style of management to the company. Having worked there over 3 years I got to see a lot of things that were laughable at best and downright depressing at worst.

Having worked closely with Reynolds "lifers" (all of whom were very unhappy) I heard all the stories about how, after Bob took over, their salaries were cut by 20% and they also lost a week of vacation. The majority of these folks have still never gotten a raise under the Brockman regime and this is what they get from 25+ years of service?!?!? Not to mention the weekly threat of layoffs for being overpaid, which is hilarious in its own right since there isn't a person that works there that is overpaid.

It is not any better for those who are hired on either. My experience has been......
    - pay that is well below industry average
    - overwhelming micromanagement
    - poor vacation policy (0 days the first year, ZERO)
    - low morale (an understatement)
    - they monitor internet usage yet they block 99% of the internet
    - they only recognize poor work (by firing people) and only ask more of you for good work
    - I was actually promoted and asked to take on more responsibility, with NO RAISE!!!!
    - a stunning turnover rate for those who are not too old or whose skills are too outdated to get a job (I counted at one point and it was like 3/20 people who were hired on after I was that were still there in my department since I started)
    - layoffs on nearly a monthly basis of people who have worked their whole life their and have a unique skillset, (which then someone new is expected to learn and perform just as good)
    - outdated technologies lead to no useful experience from time worked there

I was not fired from Reynolds, I was lucky enough to get out of there before it sucked the life out of me. I almost feel bad putting all of this down, but then I realize how people are treated there and are taken advantage of and it angers me. I can't think of any scenario where I would recommend Reynolds and Reynolds to anyone.

Get a clue! You wonder why people are leaving as you crush their morale.

There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds