There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

It is what it is...

Current Employee - Web Support Specialist in College Station, TX
Current Employee - Web Support Specialist in College Station, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

Easily and quickly hiring. If you can hack the aptitude test, some cant, you will get hired after several interviews, 5 or 6 for me. It pays well enough to get by comfortably if your used to "working" by which I mean going indoors to a fluorescent-lit cube farm for 8 hours a day. The work itself is not hard, but very much like Office Space. The company is aware of this and ok with it, which is fine given their industry. Contrary to the recruiting rhetoric this is a job designed for students waiting to find a better job or waiting for girl/boyfriends or fiancées to graduate from school and it works.

Cons

No benefits for 4 months, including sick days. If you do want time off you can take it unpaid. They ask you about pre-planned vacation before they start you so if you are legitimate, you could make it work. "cube farm" environment, but they are spacious cubes. Forget browsing the internet, even on lunch. Almost any site not work related is blocked. A lot of company sponsored events outside of work which , depending on your supervisor, might get you a lot of grief about not attending.

Also, you must pay to wear jeans on Friday. I have a feeling the company uses this as a write off. So just know that when you "donate", your really just lowering the tax-bill for Bob.

Just be a little more empathetic about what your doing to your employees. Practice what you preach, if you want to lower turnover and get commitment from employees, which is the current rhetoric, you have to give a little in return, and quit the cult-like stuff.

reviews filtered by

Disappointing at best

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

Steady, albeit low, paycheck
    Fun coworkers
    paid holidays
    401(k) matching pretty good
    fairly easy to get hired - if you have a pulse, you're in

Cons

Creativity is stifled
    raises are non-existent
    low salary
    no training
    we lie to our clients on a daily basis
    our product is subpar

Listen to your employees. Morale is the lowest I have ever witnessed in my career. You cannot pay an entry level salary to smart college graduates. You need to stop hiring people who are not marketing-minded.

Short

Former Employee - Intern in Kettering, OH
    Former Employee - Intern in Kettering, OH

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

The benefits package is phenomenal, and the other employees are wonderful to work with. I could not think of a better place to work.

Cons

Human Resources has a rather odd way of managing incoming employees, as well as interviewees with regards to politeness and civility.

There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds