There are newer employer reviews for Rhythm Engineering

Lack of leadership, extreme micromanaging, and no appreciation for employees.

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The commute, if you live close to Lenexa, KS.

Cons

The CEO is the downfall of this company. Not only does he have little respect for his employees, including his management team, but he has a complete lack of leadership and knowledge of even the most basic management skills. This company claims they want creative, free-thinking individuals. How,ever, this is the opposite of what they want. The CEO micromanages the employees so much that even a Vice President can't even make an order for paper without him giving the okay. In the last 3 years, this company has had over a 70% turnover rate with most of those individuals being fired by the CEO. In the last year alone the marketing team had a 100% turnover rate with all but 1 person being fired. Every 3-4 months the CEO goes on a firing rampage without warning and without consultation. This company does not do any employee evaluations so you wouldn't have any idea if you were not meeting the CEO's ridiculous expectations until he fired you. Additionally raises are non-existent here. There are employees that have worked for the company for over 3 years and have never received a raise. And, good luck on asking for one because that will probably get your fired. I realize this review comes off as an employee scorned, but that's not the case. In fact, I still am employed here and am giving this review based on what I have seen in my time here and I am tired of it going unsaid. But, you don't just have to take my word for it. If you are considering applying for any positions here seek out someone on LinkedIn who used to work for Rhythm and ask them about the conditions, they will tell you the same thing. It's an unprofessional company and it is doomed to fail unless the CEO sells the company or completely gives up his role. Until then, definitely one of the worst places to work.

Either stand up or move on, claiming to have a culture of values that doesn't exists isn't working.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Rhythm Engineering (View Most Recent)

Amazing culture

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer  in  Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Entrepreneurial, innovative, fun, make a difference, leave a legacy.

Cons

Very high standards. You have to be good or you are out.

Keep up the good work!!

Excellent company!! One of the best places I've worked for!

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People are given responsibility and held accountable. No micro-management. I own the part of technology I get to create. I am not a code monkey crunching lines of code that gets hidden in a huge enterprise software/system. The technology makes a positive difference in the world by synchronizing traffic lights and improving the safety and travel time of motorists. What a cool thing to do! In the 6 years that I've worked here, I have received several significant pay raises. No one is expected to work long hours. I think the leaders care about the people. I really enjoyed the cool company trips to Cancun and Bahamas. I LOVE this place and what I do.

Cons

Mediocrity is not tolerated, if you consider that a con. Rightly so, since what we do is mission critical to the safety of motorists in the field. There is very little tolerance to mistakes.

Keep on growing!! Let's make the world a better place!

There are newer employer reviews for Rhythm Engineering

Worked for Rhythm Engineering? Contribute to the Community!