Richmond American Homes

There are newer employer reviews for Richmond American Homes

Love my position as a Sales Associate for Richmond American Homes

Current Employee - New Home Sales Associate in Denver, CO
Current Employee - New Home Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Richmond American Homes full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Amazing Management (Keep open communication with them and they will be open with you)
-Compensation (If you aren't on target to make over $100K you are doing something wrong)
-Brand Loyalty (Richmond is a household name and buyers recognize Richmond for their quality of home)
-Support (My manager and the marketing team have been very open to new ideas and helping me grow my community)
-Awards (Silly, I know, however it feels good to know you did a good job!)
- Training (Richmond provides the best traning program I know of. You have daily training calls and they empower you in your personal / professional life.)

Cons

-Work / Life Balance (Plan on working 50+ hours a week and recently we have had training on our days off. I'm going into my 4th 1 day weekend. This is NOT a position for someone who wants to do the bare minimum and just "get by")
-No Base Salary (They pay on a draw system, so while you may be receiving a check every 2 weeks, it will be months before you see a real paycheck.)
-Partners. (Richmond has created a very competitve sales floor. I have heard the good and bad. I am neutral about my sales partner. My partner has been with the company for a few years and while I enjoy working with my partner, he/she has put me in many tough situations that I have felt could cost me my postion. This is true with ANY home builder, not just Richmond.)

-Schedule training during work hours. We work VERY hard on our scheduled days and need a 2 day weekend to recharge.
-Assign tasks to Sales Associates in each office, so one Sales Associate is not stuck doing EVERYTHING. I have often felt it would be easier to have my office alone than with my sales partner. I do 99% of the work and my partner only shows up for the glory moments. There is no way to bring this up to management without throwing my partner "under the bus".

43 Other Employee Reviews for Richmond American Homes (View Most Recent)

In tough times communication from upper management became worse instead of better

Former Employee - Land Acquisition Specialist in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Land Acquisition Specialist in Reston, VA

I worked at Richmond American Homes full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good training, friendly managers, enjoyable work.

Cons

In a down market they really struggled to communicate clearly with their employees.

Sales

Former Employee - New Home Sales Associate
    Former Employee - New Home Sales Associate

I worked at Richmond American Homes full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Had homes to sell when other builder didn't. Aggressive. Made good money.

Cons

Worked all holidays and weekends. Little time off. Management came from construction. Did not like sales people. Houses were not built well and they did not support the warranty department. A lot of confusion when a subdivision was opened. Disorganized.

Need to listen to your sales people. They know what will sell. Need to start subdivision right from development on. Support your warranty department. And let sales people have at least a week off a year.

There are newer employer reviews for Richmond American Homes