Richmond American Homes

Wonderful, my supervisor gave me a very substantial raise in 3 months

Former Employee - Superintendent  in  Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Superintendent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Richmond American Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

People, projects, challenges and fulfillment...

Cons

None, everybody and everything was great...

Answer applications and emails..!!!

37 Other Employee Reviews for Richmond American Homes (View Most Recent)

Love my position as a Sales Associate for Richmond American Homes

Current Employee - New Home Sales Associate  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - New Home Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Richmond American Homes full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Amazing Management (Keep open communication with them and they will be open with you)
    -Compensation (If you aren't on target to make over $100K you are doing something wrong)
    -Brand Loyalty (Richmond is a household name and buyers recognize Richmond for their quality of home)
    -Support (My manager and the marketing team have been very open to new ideas and helping me grow my community)
    -Awards (Silly, I know, however it feels good to know you did a good job!)
    - Training (Richmond provides the best traning program I know of. You have daily training calls and they empower you in your personal / professional life.)

Cons

-Work / Life Balance (Plan on working 50+ hours a week and recently we have had training on our days off. I'm going into my 4th 1 day weekend. This is NOT a position for someone who wants to do the bare minimum and just "get by")
    -No Base Salary (They pay on a draw system, so while you may be receiving a check every 2 weeks, it will be months before you see a real paycheck.)
    -Partners. (Richmond has created a very competitve sales floor. I have heard the good and bad. I am neutral about my sales partner. My partner has been with the company for a few years and while I enjoy working with my partner, he/she has put me in many tough situations that I have felt could cost me my postion. This is true with ANY home builder, not just Richmond.)

-Schedule training during work hours. We work VERY hard on our scheduled days and need a 2 day weekend to recharge.
    -Assign tasks to Sales Associates in each office, so one Sales Associate is not stuck doing EVERYTHING. I have often felt it would be easier to have my office alone than with my sales partner. I do 99% of the work and my partner only shows up for the glory moments. There is no way to bring this up to management without throwing my partner "under the bus".

In tough times communication from upper management became worse instead of better

Former Employee - Land Acquisition Specialist  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Land Acquisition Specialist in Reston, VA

I worked at Richmond American Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training, friendly managers, enjoyable work.

Cons

In a down market they really struggled to communicate clearly with their employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Richmond American Homes

Worked for Richmond American Homes? Contribute to the Community!