There are newer employer reviews for Ricoh Americas Corporation

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Savannah, GA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have great support-manager, order coordinators. If you work hard, you are recognized for it.

Cons

Hard with merger-changing forms, protocols. Can get confusing

Continue round tables. We appreciate your wanting to hear from us

453 Other Employee Reviews for Ricoh Americas Corporation (View Most Recent)

RICOH

Former Employee - Account Executive in New England, ND
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New England, ND

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Can be a great place to work if you have the right territory package and manager / Great place to begin your sales career

Cons

micro management and lack of respect for the sales force in the field

treat the sales team like adults

Mergers gone bad, low income, time consuming structure, constant changes and massive # of initiatives

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time

Pros

Marketshare for devices, benefits, global company, supportive manager

Cons

Quotas are unrealistic, everyone one in a like title has the same quota regardless of their assignment or when they started, way too many reps (2 to 5 people calling on 1 account) and no protected territories yet (have been saying that would be fixed for 1.5 years now). Most of the sales people across the country are way below plan which is an indicator there isn't enough business for the amount of sales people. The order/delivery/invoice process is so out of control - takes way too much time. Company does not employ the technology they sell - very old school, makes reps pay to have company email on their own phones. Huge focus on driving quantity of activity, not quality. KPI's the same for everyone regardless of their assigment and the number of accounts on their list. Selling services has been very challenging, not enough support and knowledge - too many jobs are not implemented correctly. And there is just no where to go to get stuff fixed or it takes forever and clients get pissed off. Way too many changes in leadership and structure in the past 2 years. Seems like every week there is a new initative, too many things for sales to focus on along with a lot of meetings. Base pay is really low, commissions are really really low and can't earn any bonus unless at 100% of plan in hardware/services which is really hard to meet with the crappy assignments. Nothing fun about the company, no outings, poor culture, everyone complains - sales staff is still competing against each other so creates alot of distrust.

The territories have to be right and people have to be able to make money. Really look at the amount of sales people you have. Start employing more technology we sell so the sales people can truly become experts. And give your sales staff access to company email on their phones without charging them (the reason I don't have it on my phone). There is such a culture that those that speak up, get let go. That has to change if you want honest feedback from the field. Set quotas that are realistic to the assignment and tenure of the person. And let us just build relationships and sell, solutions sales are longer term so we don't write business every week.

There are newer employer reviews for Ricoh Americas Corporation