Changing Industry

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Emphasis on sales training. Transforming into a services-led organization

Cons

Selling commoditized hardware is extremely competitive and difficult to earn good money. The services-led transformation has been cumbersome. Order processing is horrible!!! Commissions are not paid properly in many cases.

Advice to Management

Fix order processing and get the proper commissions to your sales force!!

reviews filtered by
  1. Disappointing end to a promising start

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with the Oracle system and expand my personal knowledge base. I didn't like it, but at least I am familiar with it enough to take that knowledge somewhere else. I liked most of my coworkers that I interacted with via email and in person. Most cared enough to be very helpful.

Cons

There are some within the company structure that feel that we are in battle to see who will come out on top, instead of seeing the bigger picture, that we are ( or were) one company. The IKON vs Ricoh, us vs them mentality is quite tiresome and childish. For it to be allowed as long as it has is frustrating. Also, there seems to be different standards that apply to different locations.

Advice to Management

I do not feel that anyone would actually listen, but I would strongly advise that before any decisions on policies and procedures are made, it would be to your benefit to ask those who actually do the job. Get their input since they deal with what you are deciding upon on a daily basis. Not all of the ideas you come up with will actallu work in practice. Get down in the trenches for a week. Talk TO your employees, not their managers, but to the ones in the trenches who are dealing directly with the customers and trying very hard to resolve their issues.

2. Promised career growth and educational opportunities that never materialized

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in West Caldwell, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in West Caldwell, NJ

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Was fortunate to have worked with some very talented and interesting professionals.

Cons

Ricoh purchased IKON and turned over management to them resulting with many, many long time Ricoh legacy employees loosing their jobs leaving IKON staff in place even though they are less qualified. This is an enviroment where careers go to die.

Advice to Management

You would think that after the Savin and Lanier acquisitions that RCL would have learned their lessons. But no, the powers to be implemented IKON's failed business model that brought IKON's stock value down and who are now delivering the same performance with Ricoh's stock price. Good luck in turning this ship around as it continues to take on water.