Ricoh Americas Corporation

www.ricoh-usa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ricoh Americas Corporation

The experience at Ricoh has been very good

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager
Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people are very talented and dedicated. The company has a fair compensation package for most positions and works to help employees with their career goals.

Cons

Lots of changes. You expect change, but the shifts are often sudden and without warning

The new CEO has been communicating well. That helps, keep it up

510 Other Employee Reviews for Ricoh Americas Corporation (View Most Recent)

It may be called Ricoh, but it's really Ikon.

Former Employee - Inside Sales
    Former Employee - Inside Sales

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The first 6 months I was there it was ok. I actually had a manager who cared, but once they moved departments it was all down hill from there. They have decent benefits. I worked with some good people. Once Ricoh and Ikon started coming together things went horribly wrong. They own a very large piece of the copier market.

Cons

This company has absolutely no direction at all. In the almost 4 years I was there nobody ever talked to me about career advancement. Nobody is held accountable for anything. I witnessed a person who got away with everything, and anything because none of the manager's wanted to get involved. My whole department was let go to make way for Ikon. Many people were let go that had 15 plus years of experience or more,and there was no effort to find them another job within the company. I guess if you were lucky enough to work on the Ikon side you got to keep your job. The pay is ok, but it's not impressive. It is not a good time to work for this company. Till the merge is complete with Ikon there isn't many safe positons in this company. It will take them another couple years to stabilize. Their customer service is way below par. They have so many problems with billing it is unbelievable. As an inside sales rep. I spent so much time doing administrative tasks there was no time left to sell. They use Salesforce which is a great CRM tool except they have migrated data so many times all the notes, and data has been erased. Their ordering system is ok at best. They got rid of most of the Ricoh inside sales reps. because they didn't want to pay them. They are rehiring inside sales again at very low pay with terrible commission plans from what I gather. I can't give a reason why somebody should work for this company. It will be interesting to see what this company looks like in a couple years. I thought I was going to make it through the layoffs, but my entire building was shut down. If you need a job, and you don't have a choice you could take a chance at Ricoh. I'm glad I was laid off because I am better off now. There is still some hope for this company, but I would advise against working there for a while.

I thought Ricoh bought Ikon ? You may want to keep a couple Ricoh employees around for the future. Stop letting the Ikon people take over your company. Ikon nearly went bankrupt before you bought them. Don't let them run the company into the ground.

Right direction but terrible implementation

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Market share, top notch service techs, InfoPrint acquisition, still has great sales reps

Cons

Processes are broken, poor delivery, CYA busy work. Industry is changing and in many ways dying. Ricoh wants to be an innovator and integrator but doesn't have the depth of knowledge to get there. Tactical issues with compensation, order and billing processes and order fulfillment / delivery will result in loss of key tenured sales people.

Fix billing, sales comp, delivery. Now! Invest in R&D. Promote awareness of new cutting edge technology that we develop. Create and publicize a Think Tank Research Park.

There are newer employer reviews for Ricoh Americas Corporation