Ricoh Americas Corporation

www.ricoh-usa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ricoh Americas Corporation

Micro-management and misdirection

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation

Pros

Pay is OK
Freedom to set own schedule with customers
They are currently trying to switch to services led platform, over copiers

Cons

Micro managing
Implmentation of sale can be troublesome
Copiers is a dying market

Management is losing young talent that actually understands technology evolution because of a lack of career advancement. Young talents sales people don't want to be stuck selling 1-2 copiers to a church as a career path.

492 Other Employee Reviews for Ricoh Americas Corporation (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for, but many things are changing quickly.

Current Employee - Sales in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of upward mobility for high performers. Great people work there and there are a lot of resources to help in sales.

Cons

Changes are sometimes made based on the bottom line, and not on results. Very complicated processes. Pay is below average for industry. Right now, it seems to be a company searching for an identity.

Drama, Poor Management, Illegal Practices, Lack of Concern for Employees... Did I mention Drama?

Current Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Support in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Support in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is not very difficult to be hired by them. You just have to be friendly and somewhat educated.

Cons

Serious ethical concerns were brought to the attention of HR and higher level management. Nothing was done about these issues. It was like they were all swept under the rug.
    Management tends to speak to you verbally, not through email. That way, they cannot be held accountable for mishaps.
    There is absolutely no opportunity for advancement. Also, if you want a raise after being there for so long, forget about it! It isn't going to happen.
    The company does not know what effective communication means.

This company could function much more effectively if management cared about the serious ethical issues versus small issues (such as clocking back in from lunch on the exact minute). I am speaking for the majority of people on my site. We have potential, education, and talent, and it is constantly being overlooked. Just last week, a manager on my site told me to come into work ten minutes early to begin work, but not clock in until my shift begins. How is this legal? You are losing good people because of ineffective site managers and lack of communication throughout the company. Wake up and do something about it!

There are newer employer reviews for Ricoh Americas Corporation