There are newer employer reviews for Ricoh Americas Corporation

Very positive and a great people to work with

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent people, always learning something new, ever changing environment, exciting and fun.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say. Some people do not accept change and this company goes thru a lot of change. I enjoyed that challenge.

Advice to Management

The consistant product knowledge training for your sales staff sets you above the competition in my opinion.

Other Employee Reviews for Ricoh Americas Corporation

1. Ricoh

Pros

Salary and benefits where decent.

Cons

Don't like where company is headed

2. Commission structure overhaul needed

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule. Predominantly commission based sales. If you're lucky enough to get a territory handed to you, or survive long enough to build your own, then there is potential to earn money. A great spot if you have a dual income and can hang in there for 3-5 years.

Cons

Predominantly commission based sales with long sales cycles. Expect to earn very little money unless you step into an established territory with an existing customer base and upcoming renewals. The prices are set significantly higher than your competition for very similar products, and your commission relies on your ability to sell your product at the higher price point. Reduce the cost to be (even remotely) competitive, and say good bye to your commission check. Make sure your territory has a solid support/ maintenance/ install infrastructure or you'll lose the customers you worked so hard to acquire. The company does not provide you with much product training, although they attempt to invest in your overall selling skills. I recommend riding along with a good tech a few times and learning about the products that way. Sink or swim- out of approximately 30 people in my training class only three were still with the company a year later...

Advice to Management

Improve sales support infrastructure (with boots, not brochures), and improve commission structure. Commission based sales is typically high risk, high reward. Don't make it high risk and zero reward.