There are newer employer reviews for Ricoh Americas Corporation

Company that cares and knows where it's going

Current Employee - Account Executive III in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Account Executive III in Portland, OR

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been quite impressed with the leadership and management of my office. I've also been blown away by the internal learning and training resources. Base pay is base pay, so it's not a ton, but the commission compensation seems good, and there are multiple ways to earn bonuses. Lots of extra learning opportunities as well.

Cons

Everything has gone computerized and is being done in new systems Ricoh is developing in house. The systems are good, but some people are having trouble adjusting. If you're computer savvy and self-motivated, you'll do well.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The culture here is good, the systems are being improved. Just make sure you hire sales people who can keep up with the technology.

Other Employee Reviews for Ricoh Americas Corporation

1. Good place to work

Current Employee - Mailroom
    Current Employee - Mailroom

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are very friendly, and easy to get along with. Job requirements are not excessive, the workload is not extreme. Work is repetitive, and can get boring at times. Management is easy going, and listens to what you have to say. They are informative and try to be helpful whenever possible.

Cons

Some requests seem to take along time. Management is tied up when it comes to getting uniforms or some supplies employees need. Not much room for advancement without relocating, and the pay scale is on the low end.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate pay scales and pay increases.

2. Just "eh"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a good place to work if you are looking to work at a big company that allows you to move around between departments. Also the physical office and location are nice.

Cons

Bonuses have been cut drastically, absolutely no work/life balance. Would absolutely not recommend that anyone under the age of 35 work here - they do a terrible job at retaining young, motivated individuals. 65% of employees are hourly and are required to clock in and out (not trusted with filling out their own time sheets), so the environment is not very social; everyone keeps to themselves and the parking lot completely empties right at 5 p.m. every day. Benefits are just okay in terms of coverage and premiums are high; this may not be good for healthy employees. The company and upper/middle management has little to no trust in its employees; most employees are not given laptops and employees must take a vacation day if they cannot make it into work due to inclement weather. Supposedly things were better with IKON, but there is no family-oriented or supportive atmosphere. Short and long term disability benefits are the worst I have ever seen. Lastly, I applied for 5 jobs internally that were outside of the department in which I was working and did not hear back one from a recruiter, so I can't imagine how bad it is for external candidates. Would never recommend this company to anyone.