Ricoh

www.ricoh.com

Low base salary, zero work-life balance... Okay for new grads looking for experience,

Account Executive (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGood experience for recent grads - if you can stick it out for 18-24 months, and do a halfway decent job, you'll have recruiters fighting over you. Good stepping stone to higher-paying sales jobs. If you can sell copiers, you can sell anything.

ConsExtremely high turnover. Most employees last less than a year, and turnover here is higher than the rest of the industry. Low base pay, extremely low commission and bonus opportunity, even if you're over quota. Managers are forced to micromanage all employees, regardless of performance. If you want to do well here, you need to work at least 12 hours a day - be in the office before 7, get out in the field by 9, back to the office at 5, don't leave til 7 or 8. Internal processes are a nightmare right now, due to the Ricoh/IKON merger, inventory constraints and billing issues. Way too many internal meetings and pointless trainings.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees, and they will take care of you. The turnover is outrageous, due to the lack of income potential. If you spent a bit more money on retaining quality employees, you'd save SO much on new employee training and acquisition. Eliminate the majority of the "meetings", and let us get out in the field to do what you hired us to do - SELL!

Ricoh over the last several years has been big on promises and poor on execution, inexperienced management.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) DFW, TX

I have been working at Ricoh

Pros: Community of employees is very good Cons: Inexperienced management passes fault on to other departments. HR has their head in the sand. Personal… Advice to Senior Management: Quit using up people and throwing away the carcases. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Don't work here if you value your sanity. You have been warned.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Ricoh

Pros: Some really bright people that I am honored to know… Cons: Nearly totally incompetent people are treated not much differently from really good people. Incompetent people are often kept on for month after month and… Advice to Senior Management: Those who need the advice will certainly not listen to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ricoh.

Worked for Ricoh? Contribute to the Community!