Ricoh

www.ricoh.com
  www.ricoh.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ricoh

Nice place to work - but would like a little more down time

Current Employee - Order Processing in Duluth, GA
Current Employee - Order Processing in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Ricoh full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are opportunities for growth for those that work hard and that are dedicated. I think the pay is decent. I enjoy most of my co-workers. We have been through a lot of change over the past few years, but I am starting to see more structure and organization which is good. Corporate/Upper Management seems to have us going in a very good direction.

Cons

We have had a lot of changes in the past few years (processes, systems, merges) - it can be difficult to keep up. The workload can be extremely heavy and can require OT and working an occasional Saturday. There are some people that work here that are unprofessional and lazy - it is frustrating when you have to work directly with someone like that. However, the company seems to be more aware of these employees and taking action as needed.

Would like to see better work/life balance. I understand that we are going through many changes and adapting, but eventually would like to work less overtime.

168 Other Employee Reviews for Ricoh (View Most Recent)

Insular management team that protects its bonuses with unethical practices.

Current Employee - Site Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Site Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Ricoh full-time

Pros

Lower levels require only basic skills, and the pay and working conditions are better than working at a restaurant.

Cons

Middle management is sorely lacking in proper management skills.

Very Disfunctional Company

Current Employee - Account Executive in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Phila, PA

I have been working at Ricoh full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job. Pays some of the bills. Still has benefits.

Cons

Unfortunately this is a pretty disfunctional company that is seemingly swinging in the wind.

The print industry is contracting quickly and this is effecting all of the major players - HP, Canon, Xerox and so on. Xerox has essentially outsourced that entire portion of it's base.

Ricoh at its heart is a Japanese manufacturer that is struggling with trying to maintain its Japanese manufacturing base while keeping up with the times. As a result, they are throwing products into the wind and hoping they will stick.

Their products are actually pretty decent.

Their sales and service arm is drowning. There are flavor of the month products thrown together because Ricoh owns the patent and then great fanfare about how Ricoh has reinvented the wheel that a hundred other companies own the market on. They destroyed their camera division and then bought Pentax. Who does that?

The Marketing department and a couple of management consultants have been handed the reins. As a result, sales and service are being cut to the bone and it shows. Turnover is approaching 60% and the stink of desperation is setting in. Techs can't get parts and they are being handed sales quotas. Sales is expected to sell services items that Ricoh outsources to third parties, can't implement and can't price effectively. It's a mess. Commissions don't get paid, territories are falling apart and customers are leaving because they can't order toner without jumping through hoops.

New commissions and comps are being introduced daily. They know they are in trouble, but don't seem to really understand how to dig themselves out of it.

Dump Marketing. It's not about branding and the internet and flavor of the month. The customer is king and should be treated as such. Building a good brand is about selling a good product, providing good service and making sure you are easy to do business with. Period.

There are newer employer reviews for Ricoh