Right at Home
www.rightathome.net Omaha, NE 16 to 50 Employees

Just another senior caregiver agency

Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee)
Exton, PA

ProsThey pay better than most, $12.50 per hour for a two hour shift, $11 for a 3 hour shift, then down to $10.25 for a four hour shift (which puts them in the same range as everybody else in this geographic area).

ConsI think the owner and his assistant (it's currently a 2 person operation) care a lot for the seniors, but are in way over their heads from the business standpoint. They just can't sign up enough clients, I could never get more than about 10 hours of work a week from them.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo one is interested in your personal relationship. I'd rather NOT know that the owner and the hiring manager/office administrator live together in a "domestic partnership," particularly on the hiring interview.

Everything else is stated above. This is not the first agency I've encountered that just doesn't get the ball rolling schedule wise, it seems to be a chronic problem in this industry. Lots of competition, if I drive right down the street around the corner from where I live, there are two offices of caregiving agencies within less than a mile.

Look Elsewhere For Employer Who Values Your Contributions!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Right at Home full-time for more than a year

Pros: Helping elderly and disabled people by placing caregivers with proper… Cons: While dedicating 25-30 hours per week of my personal, unpaid time for 1 and a half years, the… Advice to Senior Management: Get the business of this franchise more organized; have some kind of training for new hires working in the office; owner of the Santa Clara… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

High Turn(ov)er Problem

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Falls Church, VA

I worked at Right at Home full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Ok if you have no intention of a long term… Cons: Extremely high stress. Unhealthy environment. Favoritism . Low pay. No recognition or financial bonus. Takes credit for skills of staff. Staff burn out… Advice to Senior Management: Check on the area competition's view of the reputation of this owner and staff. Poll the staff anonymously… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Right at Home.

Worked for Right at Home? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Right at Home reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Right at Home CEO Allen Hager. All reviews posted anonymously by Right at Home employees.