Righttime Medical

There are newer employer reviews for Righttime Medical

Welcome Desk

Current Employee - Welcome Desk in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Welcome Desk in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Righttime Medical full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The seasoned employees and mid level management at the sites are great people.

Cons

The corporation needs a lot of work internally with their values and employee relationships.

Do what you say. Say what you do.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Righttime Medical (View Most Recent)

SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT AND LACK OF RESPECT FOR EMPLOYEES

Former Employee - PHYSICIAN - MD
    Former Employee - PHYSICIAN - MD

I worked at Righttime Medical part-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Can get job easily when in a time crunch
    - Staff at the site (MDs, PAs, LPNs, MAs, front office staff, Techs) made it worth my while

Cons

I am not one to write reviews, but this one had to be told. Before taking a job here, I hope my review along with the others that have been posted here make somewhat of an impact on your decision. I, a former doctor (MD) at Right time Medical, got this job as I was in between full time jobs and didn't want any gaps and of course needed income. I applied for this job via a physican recruiter. I was granted the interview right away and made it to one of their sites where I had an informal interview...more like one of their doctors/corporate agent grill me on my medical knowledge. I found this very odd - My resume is far more impressive than a simple urgent care where you deal with colds, cough, cuts (etc). The next day I was offered the job without any referenc check needed. They had us attend a 4 day orientation (waste of time) before starting your first shift (which you had to precept with one of their corporate doctors as if I needed to be retaught what I've already learned in residency as a student doctor - this is their protocol).

Within the first week of working there, I realized a made a huge mistake. The only thing that kept me was the 1 year recruitment fee of $22,000 (YES $22,000) I would have to pay to righttime medical if I left before a year. The vast majority of companies have the recruiter pay back the fee - of course pro-rated to the time a provider actually worked. Out of fear I kept my head down and allowed them to use me like a slave. I was seeing 5-6 patients an hour; it was non stop; no break allowed to eat. They not allow make appointments for patient ahead of time but allow walk ins - so we are constantly running behind. It is impossible to see that many patients in such a small time crunch and give them quality care (ie - simply be able to talk to them for 5-10 mins - which when a patient is paying almost $150 if not more to be seen, the deserve this care from the provider). Although they close at midnight, we are not allowed to close the door until everyone is out - which mean if the center is running 1 hour behind, then new patients are still allowed to come in and be seen making the time we actually close much later - I remember many nights staying until 2 in the morning. Instead of saying job well done - we would get letters in the mail from the corporate office - mainly Dr. Graw the owner of the company - repremanding us about a patient complaint (which would often be a patient felt as though they were being rushed out too quickly) - there is no winning here.

During snow emergencies - when the rest of Baltimore is safe and sound at home - these inhumane beasts would pester you and guilt you to go to work. I remember on 2 specific occasions when a winter advisory was placed, they didn't allow us to leave early - literally no patients showed up. Instead of offering the staff to stay overnight at the facility until it was safe to drive home, we were expected to leave. The simple 15 miles I would normally drive to work took me well over 2 hours to get back. I RISKED MY LIFE ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS. This is not a hosptial nor is it an ER; its a urgent care to help with minor illnesses.

When ever you need something from the corporate office - they fail to retrun calls, answer tests/emails because they are always in a meeting - I have never heard of so many meetings for such a small company!! Lack of professionalism, employee mistreatment & bullying and greed is what makes this company an epic fail with a turn over rate that would disgust you. So before you think about making some easy (well not so easy because they drive you like a slave) with this company think about this review and the others that are all negative.

Patients - be aware of what type of company you are investing in - your health is important, but as is the health of the healthcare providers you seek for your needs.

STOP BEING GREEDY! STOP TREATING EMPLOYEES AS IF THEY ARE CATTLE! REFORM THE COMPANY SO YOUR STAFF HAS NOTHING BUT GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT YOUR COMPANY. IMPRESSION IS NOT ONLY WHAT YOU WANT YOUR PATIENTS TO WALK AWAY WITH, BUT ALSO YOUR EMPLOYEES.

Former Employee

Former Employee - Nurse
    Former Employee - Nurse

I worked at Righttime Medical full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, good relationship between physicians and staff, flexibility with hours worked.

Cons

Not allowed to sit down while working, no guaranteed break, rules change with mood of company heads, no support from higher up staff.

Treat the employees fairly and the company will grow, your patient care will improve, and your employees wills stay long-term. Also, improve health insurance coverage for employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Righttime Medical