Rim Hospitality

There are newer employer reviews for Rim Hospitality

Soul-killing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I worked at Rim Hospitality part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large network of hotels - you may be able to transfer if you need to relocate.

Cons

Underpaid, under-appreciated, stressed-out employees, low morale, sometimes open hate in the workforce. Because of the very openly conducted favoritism/nepotism, you never know if somebody is going to become an "enemy" right off from hiring. Forget raises, they won't happen. Forget weekends, you won't have those. Be sure to keep some family photos on your phone, because they don't care about them when calling you in at any given time. Absolute disrespect for employees include overall bad treatment, clinical conflict avoidance (our GM would rather hide in her locked office for a day than talk to someone she didn't feel like talking to), and not a single care as to whether or not a call-in shift is within your availability.

Respect your employees, and they will respect you back. Disrespecting us, then demanding more work, more respect, and just about our firstborn is not going to lead to us respecting you. Oh, and don't base your management decision on the most obscure, tiny ads in the back of Forbes to "stay ahead of the curve." It doesn't work that way.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Rim Hospitality (View Most Recent)

Lack of Respect Leads to Unhappiness in the Workplace

I have been working at Rim Hospitality

Pros

Large network of hotels, fairly relaxed working atmosphere, growing company. If you are looking for a fairly relaxed job atmosphere, that is one thing this company has going for it.

Cons

Underpaying, benefits are not good, lack of respect for employees, questionable management decisions, apparent favoritism/nepotism, opportunistic. There is a general feeling of a lack of respect, which leads to very low morale. The company has a nasty habit of asking more work but providing no compensation or incentives, even rejecting when asked. Most employees feel under-payed, under-appreciated, and unhappy.

Consider treating your employees like they matter, not pawns. Consider rewarding good work accordingly, especially when asking for more work. Too often I've seen employees get asked to take on more work "for the good of the company" without compensation. Many in your workforce are disgruntles, and this leads to unproductivity. Don't step on a dollar to pick up a dime; treat employees fairly and with respect, and reap the benefits.

Great environment, but due to growth can be chaotic at times.

I have been working at Rim Hospitality

Pros

Company is growing and located in multiple states. People are friendly and willing to help when time permits.

Cons

Not a clear chain of command. Receive varying instructions depending on who talk to. Slow at responding to emails and not always prompt at returning phone calls.

There are newer employer reviews for Rim Hospitality