Rim Hospitality
www.rimhospitality.com Modesto, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Soul-killing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Fresno, CA

I worked at Rim Hospitality part-time for more than a year

ProsLarge network of hotels - you may be able to transfer if you need to relocate.

ConsUnderpaid, under-appreciated, stressed-out employees, low morale, sometimes open hate in the workforce. Because of the very openly conducted favoritism/nepotism, you never know if somebody is going to become an "enemy" right off from hiring. Forget raises, they won't happen. Forget weekends, you won't have those. Be sure to keep some family photos on your phone, because they don't care about them when calling you in at any given time. Absolute disrespect for employees include overall bad treatment, clinical conflict avoidance (our GM would rather hide in her locked office for a day than talk to someone she didn't feel like talking to), and not a single care as to whether or not a call-in shift is within your availability.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees, and they will respect you back. Disrespecting us, then demanding more work, more respect, and just about our firstborn is not going to lead to us respecting you. Oh, and don't base your management decision on the most obscure, tiny ads in the back of Forbes to "stay ahead of the curve." It doesn't work that way.

Lack of Respect Leads to Unhappiness in the Workplace

I have been working at Rim Hospitality

Pros: Large network of hotels, fairly relaxed working atmosphere, growing company. If you are looking… Cons: Underpaying, benefits are not good, lack of respect for employees, questionable management decisions, apparent favoritism/nepotism, opportunistic. There is a general feeling of a lack… Advice to Senior Management: Consider treating your employees like they matter, not pawns. Consider rewarding good work accordingly, especially when asking for more work. Too often I've… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great environment, but due to growth can be chaotic at times.

I have been working at Rim Hospitality

Pros: Company is growing and located in multiple states. People… Cons: Not a clear chain of command. Receive varying instructions depending on who talk… More

There are newer reviews on Rim Hospitality.

Worked for Rim Hospitality? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rim Hospitality reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rim Hospitality CEO Mark F. Burden. All reviews posted anonymously by Rim Hospitality employees.