Rim Hospitality

Great Company

Former Employee - General Manager
Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Rim Hospitality full-time

Pros

I really enjoyed working for Rim. I enjoyed the training and the ability to be me. I was allowed to operate the hotel under the given guidelines. If I felt like there was an opportunity to do something unique then Rim would give me the green light. The entire experience was wonderful and it was easy to pass that forward to our guests. This company was able to give me the work/life balance I needed. The core values meshed with my style of leadership as a GM. The opportunities are always available.

Cons

The only downside was the HR department. They were not the friendliest of people. Everyone else was amazing in every other department.

Find an HR manager that is not condescending and is willing to get the facts from every aspect.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Rim Hospitality (View Most Recent)

Don't do it, stay away! Rotten atmosphere, treated like cattle heading for slaughter!

Former Employee - Manager in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Modesto, CA

I worked at Rim Hospitality full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Close to home! For a hotel developer, this is a company that looks good on paper. They are CHEAP, and promise the world (unrealistic). For an example, budget a 20-25% revenue growth every year! The company is growing. They are taking on a lot of distressed properties, (that others don't want). Scraping the barrel if you will.

Cons

Too close to home
    Poor benefits
    Salaries low compared to market
    Overall a "cover your own ass" atmosphere. Cut throat, hostile, and sour.
    Senior management are disrespectful
    Crazy turnover! Whenever we would call the corporate office, there was always someone new answering the phone. Same with property managers. Senior leaders didn't care. If they burnt a manager, "there's someone else wanting to do that job".
    My list is a mile long!

Shop your competition. If you want to be the "leader" you think you are, offer salaries, benefits, and perks that are the best in the business. Not cut to the bone, bare minimum. Treat your employees with respect. Open hatred towards RIM among the on property leaders, (department heads, supervisors, sales, ops, and general management). At management outings, and meetings - there's a sense of fear. Not a positive environment.

Soul-killing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I worked at Rim Hospitality part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large network of hotels - you may be able to transfer if you need to relocate.

Cons

Underpaid, under-appreciated, stressed-out employees, low morale, sometimes open hate in the workforce. Because of the very openly conducted favoritism/nepotism, you never know if somebody is going to become an "enemy" right off from hiring. Forget raises, they won't happen. Forget weekends, you won't have those. Be sure to keep some family photos on your phone, because they don't care about them when calling you in at any given time. Absolute disrespect for employees include overall bad treatment, clinical conflict avoidance (our GM would rather hide in her locked office for a day than talk to someone she didn't feel like talking to), and not a single care as to whether or not a call-in shift is within your availability.

Respect your employees, and they will respect you back. Disrespecting us, then demanding more work, more respect, and just about our firstborn is not going to lead to us respecting you. Oh, and don't base your management decision on the most obscure, tiny ads in the back of Forbes to "stay ahead of the curve." It doesn't work that way.

There are newer employer reviews for Rim Hospitality