Rim Hospitality

There are newer employer reviews for Rim Hospitality

Very In Experienced Company to Work For

Former Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Culver City, CA
Former Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Culver City, CA

I worked at Rim Hospitality full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no Pros for this company.

Cons

They hire you based on your experience, but when you excel beyond your bosses, they make up false reports so that they can knock you down a peg. They bring in a lot of upper Directors and Managers that they are friends with, but don't have the experience to lead. So their sales people tend to outshine them. They allow Directors to do little to no work to save face from hiring them in the first place. Most of the upper management are not sales people and therefore don't have what it takes to lead a sales team of people who have been doing it for years.

Grow some. Promote people who EARN promotions, not who sit back and keep their mouths shut.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Rim Hospitality (View Most Recent)

Great Company

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Rim Hospitality full-time

Pros

I really enjoyed working for Rim. I enjoyed the training and the ability to be me. I was allowed to operate the hotel under the given guidelines. If I felt like there was an opportunity to do something unique then Rim would give me the green light. The entire experience was wonderful and it was easy to pass that forward to our guests. This company was able to give me the work/life balance I needed. The core values meshed with my style of leadership as a GM. The opportunities are always available.

Cons

The only downside was the HR department. They were not the friendliest of people. Everyone else was amazing in every other department.

Find an HR manager that is not condescending and is willing to get the facts from every aspect.

Don't do it, stay away! Rotten atmosphere, treated like cattle heading for slaughter!

Former Employee - Manager in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Modesto, CA

I worked at Rim Hospitality full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Close to home! For a hotel developer, this is a company that looks good on paper. They are CHEAP, and promise the world (unrealistic). For an example, budget a 20-25% revenue growth every year! The company is growing. They are taking on a lot of distressed properties, (that others don't want). Scraping the barrel if you will.

Cons

Too close to home
    Poor benefits
    Salaries low compared to market
    Overall a "cover your own ass" atmosphere. Cut throat, hostile, and sour.
    Senior management are disrespectful
    Crazy turnover! Whenever we would call the corporate office, there was always someone new answering the phone. Same with property managers. Senior leaders didn't care. If they burnt a manager, "there's someone else wanting to do that job".
    My list is a mile long!

Shop your competition. If you want to be the "leader" you think you are, offer salaries, benefits, and perks that are the best in the business. Not cut to the bone, bare minimum. Treat your employees with respect. Open hatred towards RIM among the on property leaders, (department heads, supervisors, sales, ops, and general management). At management outings, and meetings - there's a sense of fear. Not a positive environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Rim Hospitality