There are newer employer reviews for Rim Hospitality

Working for Rim Hospitality was the worst experience of my 25 year career in the hotel business.

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Rim Hospitality full-time

Pros

None. If your property is going to be managed by Rim it's a great time to investigate other opportunities.

Cons

The upper management team demonstrates an air of grandiose expertise in the hospitality business, nothing could be further from the truth. HR is rude and disinterested. Regional folks arrive at your property barking orders without ever developing even the most basic understanding of your property location or customer base.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees respectfully and get over your big egos.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Very In Experienced Company to Work For

Former Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Culver City, CA

I worked at Rim Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no Pros for this company.

Cons

They hire you based on your experience, but when you excel beyond your bosses, they make up false reports so that they can knock you down a peg. They bring in a lot of upper Directors and Managers that they are friends with, but don't have the experience to lead. So their sales people tend to outshine them. They allow Directors to do little to no work to save face from hiring them in the first place. Most of the upper management are not sales people and therefore don't have what it takes to lead a sales team of people who have been doing it for years.

Advice to Management

Grow some. Promote people who EARN promotions, not who sit back and keep their mouths shut.

2. Great Company

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Rim Hospitality full-time

Pros

I really enjoyed working for Rim. I enjoyed the training and the ability to be me. I was allowed to operate the hotel under the given guidelines. If I felt like there was an opportunity to do something unique then Rim would give me the green light. The entire experience was wonderful and it was easy to pass that forward to our guests. This company was able to give me the work/life balance I needed. The core values meshed with my style of leadership as a GM. The opportunities are always available.

Cons

The only downside was the HR department. They were not the friendliest of people. Everyone else was amazing in every other department.

Advice to Management

Find an HR manager that is not condescending and is willing to get the facts from every aspect.