There are newer employer reviews for Rimkus Consulting

Review of Rimkus Consulting

Former Employee - Forensic Engineer  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Forensic Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rimkus Consulting

Pros

Great working atmosphere, helpful coworkers, very good bosses to work with, they are informative, helpful and understanding.

Cons

I believe I was pigeonholed into certain typesof assignments, although I proved in later jobs that I could expand beyond these areas and take on a greater variety of assignments than I was offered at Rimkus. As a result, when the market demand for the areas in which I worked dropped significantly, I was simply let go for lack of available work.

Please take a look at all youe employees can do, there may well be alternatives to the types of assignments they have 'always been doing'. Give them a chance ti diversify, especially if economic conditions demand it.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Rimkus Consulting (View Most Recent)

Great place to work if you like to be independent.

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Rimkus Consulting

Pros

You have the freedom to do your job. Rarely is management on top of you. They trust you to do the job you have in the time period you see fit. There is always help available if you need it though. The pay is great and they offer generous bonus in the summer. The senior level engineer are incredibly smart and alway willing to help you out. I was never looked down of for trying to figure things out.

Cons

There are not a lot of ways to move up. The management levels are pretty flat. While the stuff you do everyday is different, in 5 years your job will look very similar to what you were doing now.

Provide more feedback to younger engineers just getting started.

boys club

I worked at Rimkus Consulting

Pros

interesting work, different every day

Cons

boys club, nepotism, several employees should consider retiring.

na

There are newer employer reviews for Rimkus Consulting

Worked for Rimkus Consulting? Contribute to the Community!