There are newer employer reviews for Rincon Research Corporation

Rincon Research Corporation

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rincon Research Corporation

Pros

RRC has lots of interesting work, a good work environment, great benefits, highly competent and friendly co-workers. We work is small teams with minimal supervision from management. RRC is an ESOP majority owned company which means the employees are owners and share in the profits.

Cons

RRC's career path is undefined. We have 6 grades for the technical staff but no description for any of the grades and consequently no idea what is need to progress along the career path.

Advice to Management

As the company grows we need more structure. We need a company plan to know where we are going. We need career paths to allow for structured professional growth.

We need senior management with vision and the ability to act in the long term best interest of this vision rather than reacting only to the challenges and stresses of the moment. This means hiring someone from outside the company better than yourself.

reviews filtered by
  1. Member Technical Staff

I have been working at Rincon Research Corporation full-time

Pros

Interesting projects
    Intelligent co-workers
    Casual environment
    Good benefits
    Stable company

Cons

Modest pay and raises
    Not much training or mentoring
    Unclear how to advance

Advice to Management

It's understandable that management has been trying to get rates down to be competitive. There are many very bright people at Rincon and the government used to understand that for stellar work you have to pay a little more. But recently they've seemed to have forgotten that and are of the mind that all contracts should cost the same, regardless of the difficulty of the task. After a few years of reducing overhead it's about time that Rincon make raises and salaries more commensurate with the type of talent they want to attract and retain. They are aware of this problem and working on it.

One benefit of working here is you can stay technical in your career. However there is often a lack of mentoring and training if you wish to take on more technical lead or management roles. As the company grows a little more structure might be in order.

2. Fantastic Benefits - Intelligent Team - Great Future

I have been working at Rincon Research Corporation

Pros

* Highly-motivated, hard-working, intelligent coworkers - challenges me to do my best and learn from the best every day
    * Awesome benefits - think free insurance(!); Retirement plans - 401k and ESOP; Paid time off; Holidays paid - week off between Christmas and New Year's
    * Competitive wages
    * Small company - Employee-Owned - not a lot of red tape to get thru
    * Opportunity for advancement

Cons

* Not many documented processes (this can be seen as a 'Pro' to a lot) - small company
    * Lack of dress code (again could be seen as positive) creates a somewhat less than professional feel at times

Advice to Management

:) Keep it up!

There are newer employer reviews for Rincon Research Corporation