Rio Tinto
www.riotinto.com Melbourne, Australia 5000+ Employees

Rio Tinto

Specialist (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

ProsAll the benefits of a large company (health, retirement, etc) in addition to global opportunity. Safety is an important aspect of the company culture. The managers and "higher ups" did seem to genuinely care about the welfare of their employees.

ConsIt seemed that there was very limited opportunity to progress and advance in your career if you were not in the technical/engineering groups.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile the health and well being of employees and their families is important, so is recognizing talents and skills in team members who are "only operations".

Fast paced environment

HSE (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rio Tinto full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Sharp technology and smart people Cons: bogged down bureaucracy and petty jealousy Advice to Senior Management: stop making unreasonable demands because you are burning out good… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overall a great company to work for and a sector leader.

Corporate Function (Former Employee)

I worked at Rio Tinto full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Rio is a big company with lots of opportunities. If you… Cons: Management is monolithic with lots of kingdoms that are more… Advice to Senior Management: Get back to basics and don't forget the people in mid-management and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Rio Tinto.

Worked for Rio Tinto? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rio Tinto reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rio Tinto CEO Sam Walsh. All reviews posted anonymously by Rio Tinto employees.