Glassdoor is your free inside look at Riot Games reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Riot Games CEO Brandon Beck. All reviews posted anonymously by Riot Games employees.
8 people found this helpful
Current Employee – been working at Riot Games
Pros – - Tangible passion amongst our people for games, and making our game awesome
- really strong track record of empowering people to learn, grow and progress as quickly as they are able
- Very practical in it's approach to making decisions generally - if something is a good idea, we do it whether it involves the game, benefits, our people, etc.
- Flat, performance oriented culture - years of experience is not a key determining factor in how we hire or operate
- humble, adaptable group of people - focused on continuous improvement and delighting our players
- minimal politics and bureaucracy - good ideas win at Riot, whatever the source
Cons – - not for everyone - if you aren't passionate about video games, many roles here would be challenging
- not a 9 to 5 job - great place if you are hungry to win, really challenging if you want a super predictable schedule or set of responsibilities
- Company has grown very quickly - lots of changes and shifts internally all the time, need to be comfortable adapting to new challenges and situations
Advice to Senior Management – As a member of this team, my perspective here is that we need to continue to focus on staying open minded, flexible and humble. Ultimately our mission is to be the most player focused company in the world. We're proud of what we've done, and the company we've built, but we are constantly striving to do better and more.
We realize the way we'll continue to achieve this success is by bring on the best folks in the world, keeping the amazing people we have, and ensuring that collectively we challenge ourselves and each other to keep striving to learn, grow, adapt and make things our player love.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
2012-05-04 13:16 PDT
We aspire to be the most player-focused game company in the world. Riot Games was established in 2006 by a couple of entrepreneurial gamers who believe player-focused game development can result in awesome games. In… — Full Overview
Provided by employer [?]
This is the employer's chance to tell you why you should work for them. The information provided is from their perspective.
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.