There are newer employer reviews for Riot Games

Not for the faint of heart

Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Monica, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Riot Games full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Feels like unlimited opportunity if you're the kind of person to seek, own, and rock your destiny. Core values are truly felt throughout the company. I've never felt so challenged and rewarded in my career. Company seems to pivot pretty easily, which can create some short-lived confusion at times but it's better than a company that is slow, reluctant, or unable to change. Expectations are high from the ground up so this is not a place where people can coast or get by on lip service very easily.

Cons

Things can get messy when you have smart, demanding people from different disciplines coming together to do something as complex as what we do. Hours can be rough, which happens when you work on games or software development.

Other Employee Reviews for Riot Games

An exciting place to go to work everyday

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Riot Games full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fast paced environment where you don't have to be stuck doing the same thing every day - Lots of opportunity to pursue areas you are passionate about, not just what your job title is - Riot is a place where you can really step in and make an impact, regardless of your level - Everyone is aligned on the company's goal: To be the most player-centered game company in the world.

Cons

- Lack of organization can sometimes cause headaches when trying to work across teams

Best job I have ever had

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Riot Games full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the best job I have ever had by a long shot. I love working with such passionate, intelligent and fun people! The work is challenging and interesting and the sky is the limit in terms of personal and company growth. There is a growth path for everyone in the company that works hard. Rioters have the choice to contribute as an individual or grow into a leadership role, it’s up to each person – even the hiring and recruiting process is open for involvement. I was brought in as an engineer and now have been able to build and lead a team! The perks are great too – we do a lot of fun activities (e.g. movies, baseball games, weekend getaways, paintball, etc.). There is a great coffee machine and a kegerator at the St. Louis office :-D and travel perks include traveling to other Riot offices across the globe. Overall, a great place to work!

Cons

Honestly, not many cons come to mind. As with many companies that have experienced the amount of growth that Riot has in such a short time, we have growing pains such as the accumulation of tech debt. The tech debt is understood and being addressed.