A place to be proud of

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Riot Games full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Riot has been one of the best decisions I ever made.

I'm consistently challenged but don't feel overwhelmed.

I look forward to coming to work and being around talented, passionate people.

Great gaming hardware.

Video game (play) fund.

Benefits.

Personal & professional development.

People care.

Being surrounded by gamers means I can completely be myself.

Cons

Things can be slow to move, often times Rioters will take on too much work resulting in slow deliveries.

The office (for now) is spread apart enough that you are consistently late to meetings due to transit.

Internal comm/information centers feel frankensteined and ad hoc, often times you have to go to multiple internal locations to get information you need. Most likely resulting in you asking the person next to you for the answer.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring gamers! It's in our DNA and what makes this place amazing.

Keep caring! It's contagious at every level and it's what makes this place feel genuine.

Be transparent about work/life balance and what our opinion/perspective is.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I look forward to work every day.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Riot Games full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have the ability to work with any team or plug in to the company in teams outside your discipline. Nothing impedes your success but you. You get to interact with the players and community from the start and know you are making a positive impact. Work is full of the good feels everyday. We truly live our manifesto. Riot's corporate integrity is beyond admirable.

Cons

The business side, like accounts payable, legal and purchasing operate in a black box and provides no visibility. If you have to work with external vendors their teams are not clear with the process or helpful and you have to apologize to vendors all the time with little to no power to make things better.

Advice to Management

Do not hire non-culture fits just to fill the position with someone who can do the job - it does more long term harm than good for everyone.

A people mill that will leave you sad

Current Employee - Desktop Analyst in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Desktop Analyst in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Riot Games full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When you start at Riot you'll be in a large batch of new hires and undergo indoctrination and testing (Denewbification) for over a week. Prepare "a vulnerability" to share with the group, watch the parade of people, and watch what you say. Enjoy the pampering, because once you remove your Teemo hat, you get to meet the people that really work at Riot.

Cons

You will learn what's missing from their Cultural Statement, and you will see the true company values by who is retained. You will also understand why you started with a large group, and why there is a new large group every 2 weeks.

Eventually you won't see people from your "class", and you'll notice more tenured colleagues missing. One day you'll be asked to walk with your boss, straight into a conference room where for the first time, you won't hear the hip bro-talk.

Finally, you're escorted to the street with your box of personal effects they packed while you were attending your final Riot meeting.

Advice to Management

Management doesn't take advice, or feedback.

Riot Games Response

Jul 23, 2014Director of Communications

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your candid thoughts -- we really mean that. As hard as it is for us to hear some of this, it's important that we stay in touch with the ways that we need to get better
    ... More