Riot Games

www.riotgames.com
There are newer employer reviews for Riot Games

A place to be proud of

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Riot Games full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at Riot has been one of the best decisions I ever made.

I'm consistently challenged but don't feel overwhelmed.

I look forward to coming to work and being around talented, passionate people.

Great gaming hardware.

Video game (play) fund.

Benefits.

Personal & professional development.

People care.

Being surrounded by gamers means I can completely be myself.

Cons

Things can be slow to move, often times Rioters will take on too much work resulting in slow deliveries.

The office (for now) is spread apart enough that you are consistently late to meetings due to transit.

Internal comm/information centers feel frankensteined and ad hoc, often times you have to go to multiple internal locations to get information you need. Most likely resulting in you asking the person next to you for the answer.

Keep hiring gamers! It's in our DNA and what makes this place amazing.

Keep caring! It's contagious at every level and it's what makes this place feel genuine.

Be transparent about work/life balance and what our opinion/perspective is.

208 Other Employee Reviews for Riot Games (View Most Recent)

I look forward to work every day.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Riot Games full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You have the ability to work with any team or plug in to the company in teams outside your discipline. Nothing impedes your success but you. You get to interact with the players and community from the start and know you are making a positive impact. Work is full of the good feels everyday. We truly live our manifesto. Riot's corporate integrity is beyond admirable.

Cons

The business side, like accounts payable, legal and purchasing operate in a black box and provides no visibility. If you have to work with external vendors their teams are not clear with the process or helpful and you have to apologize to vendors all the time with little to no power to make things better.

Do not hire non-culture fits just to fill the position with someone who can do the job - it does more long term harm than good for everyone.

Tough but very fair

Current Employee - QA Leadership in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - QA Leadership in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Riot Games full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Freedom to work on numerous projects. Significant autonomy. Flexible hours. Excellent facilities. Pushed to grow both professionally and personally. Great compensation. Really great benefits packages!
    The leadership here is amazing, if you understand what they are trying to do. This isn't a corporate atmosphere, and it shows in everything we do.

Cons

Difficult work/life balance for some people. Santa Monica is quite expensive. Some people may find it difficult to maintain their drive in the face of continuous development. Many date driven events lead to stressful releases. fairly outspoken fans can be difficult to deal with.

Some management are a bit difficult to approach due to their somewhat 'alpha' personalities. They are great at their jobs, but having to talk to them can be a bit of a stressful moment.

There are newer employer reviews for Riot Games