Riot Games

A place to be proud of

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Monica, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Riot Games full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Riot has been one of the best decisions I ever made.

I'm consistently challenged but don't feel overwhelmed.

I look forward to coming to work and being around talented, passionate people.

Great gaming hardware.

Video game (play) fund.

Benefits.

Personal & professional development.

People care.

Being surrounded by gamers means I can completely be myself.

Cons

Things can be slow to move, often times Rioters will take on too much work resulting in slow deliveries.

The office (for now) is spread apart enough that you are consistently late to meetings due to transit.

Internal comm/information centers feel frankensteined and ad hoc, often times you have to go to multiple internal locations to get information you need. Most likely resulting in you asking the person next to you for the answer.

Keep hiring gamers! It's in our DNA and what makes this place amazing.

Keep caring! It's contagious at every level and it's what makes this place feel genuine.

Be transparent about work/life balance and what our opinion/perspective is.

166 Other Employee Reviews for Riot Games (View Most Recent)

Empowering culture that provides opportunities for talent to take control of their career

Current Employee - Talent Programs Specialist  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Programs Specialist in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Riot Games full-time for more than a year

Pros

Riot Games believes in the talent that they let through their door by empowering them to pursue what they are passionate about. They encourage you to find a project that aligns with your career aspirations and adds value to our players. While I've heard this at previous points in my career, I have never worked at a company that truly put this into practice. They trust that every Rioter is highly competent and capable and allow them the freedom to take on short term productivity losses for long term development gains.

Cons

While embracing this entrepreneurial culture was energizing for myself, I can empathize with personalities who do not like having to find their own opportunities. Riot is a very unique place to work and it requires a person to be very self-aware of whether or not they are truly happy working in an environment like this. Riot does recognize this and provides candidates and new Rioters an opportunity to get a taste of the culture and see if it is a fit for them. The difficulty lies in whether or not an individual can make an accurate evaluation in a timely fashion without being distracted by the fun, exciting, and playful nature that is working at Riot.

I look forward to work every day.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Riot Games full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You have the ability to work with any team or plug in to the company in teams outside your discipline. Nothing impedes your success but you. You get to interact with the players and community from the start and know you are making a positive impact. Work is full of the good feels everyday. We truly live our manifesto. Riot's corporate integrity is beyond admirable.

Cons

The business side, like accounts payable, legal and purchasing operate in a black box and provides no visibility. If you have to work with external vendors their teams are not clear with the process or helpful and you have to apologize to vendors all the time with little to no power to make things better.

Do not hire non-culture fits just to fill the position with someone who can do the job - it does more long term harm than good for everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Riot Games

Worked for Riot Games? Contribute to the Community!