Ripley Entertainment

www.ripleys.com
  www.ripleys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ripley Entertainment

Hard work goes does not pay off.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gatlinburg, TN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gatlinburg, TN

I worked at Ripley Entertainment

Pros

Paid vacation, sick pay and decent insurance.

Cons

Employees are underpaid and unappreciated. I worked at Ripley's for almost a decade. I started at $7.50 per hour. I quit making $9.75 per hour. When asking for a raise, I would be told that it did not make since to give me more money when someone could be hired at $8.00 to do my job. I was a great employee. I called in under 10 times in the extremely long time period I was employed with the company. I also took on allot of extra responsibility that went unnoticed.

Ripley's also hires most of its employees as part time. Part time employees work full time hours without benefits. All those great benefits are only available to a few people. Bottom line Ripley's does not care about its employees. They are only interested in making money and cutting costs.

Find another job where your work will be appreciated.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Ripley Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Could be a great place to work if upper management had a better understanding of what motivates their employees...

I worked at Ripley Entertainment full-time

Pros

The people are great, they really care. I've made lifelong friends here. It's very cool to see all of the exhibits and hear the stories from people that have worked for the company for many years. The work environment was usually comfortable and relaxed. Overall a good work experience.

Cons

Unfortunately at the top, with the exception of one person, it's a good ole boys club. Management thinks they understand what motivates their employees...but the impression is that they have never lived in their world.

I think that upper management needs to recognize the strength of good employees and do more to develop and promote them. The strength of this company is in the talented people working there. But they have lost some because again they expect loyalty and respect, but don't do what it takes to earn it. A lot of money is spent on lavish management meetings and private planes, but the majority of non managerial employees do not get an annual increase or bonus. This sends the wrong message.

No room for development and does not value front line employees

Former Employee - Anonymous in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Ripley Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You are able to book off the days needed and the other front line staff are excellent to work with. The job itself is fun and you meet so many interesting people. It is a forever fun environment.

Cons

There is no room for career advancement. Senior Management has no respect for front line employees and communicate negatively with anyone below their status including shift management. Loyalty is not valued and no raises are ever granted regardless of impressive performance.

Consider career development for your employees. Many of them are smart educated students who are using these jobs to pay for tuition. Maybe you should consider hiring within the company for management and executive positions. These employees already know about the company culture and can bring to the table direct experience from the front line of the business.

There are newer employer reviews for Ripley Entertainment