There are newer employer reviews for Ripple Labs

Amazing culture & people; brilliant technology & product

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ripple Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked at a number of startups and Ripple Labs is by far the most exciting company I have ever worked at. My colleagues are exceptionally bright, down to earth, passionate, and helpful. Not only has the company has gone to great lengths in managing to recruit top talent, they have ensured that hiring people who are genuinely kind, with a team player mindset, and most of all, humility. Ripple also has a very strong engineering culture.

Cons

While the company is going through its natural startup growth pains, management has recently hired some folks across Finance, HR, and administrative support to bring more organization and structure into place. While progress is being made, we are desperately needing more office space so we can have better communications between teams. Management has said that we are a few weeks away from the move, and once that happens, things are going to be even more awesome!

We already do a great job of being open and transparent, but I just hope that we maintain this as we get bigger as a company.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Ripple Labs (View Most Recent)

A dream

I have been working at Ripple Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team is incredibly talented yet the culture is warm and humble. Like any startup, things can get a bit crazy, but the work is exciting/challenging/fulfilling and everyone believes in what they are doing and what the company is trying to achieve. Management is receptive/effective/supportive and employees are allowed to maximize their personal responsibility/autonomy. Everyone works together. Compensation is very fair. Cultures/values are excellent.

Cons

Fast-paced growth in emerging space means things are changing. As much of the work being done is unprecedented and at the forefront of innovation, much of what is happening is trial by fire. That means that mistakes are inevitably made and short term strategies are constantly being re-assessed and honed. This can be a daunting and sometimes frustrating process. It's not for everyone, but if you can handle the uncertainty, it makes for an exciting ride.

Better communication and organization about granular developments between teams. Generally, management is great.

Ripple Labs is filled with some of the best and brightest minds.

Current Employee - Developer Relations Intern  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Developer Relations Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ripple Labs as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Ripple Labs is an exciting place to be. The employees are brilliant and they truly believe the product that they are working on will make the world a better place.

The office is currently in SOMA and has the classic startup vibe that includes an open office setting and a kitchen full of snacks and drinks.

Cons

The current office is currently a bit crowded as the company is rapidly expanding.

Let's get some more space for the RL family!

Ripple Labs Response

Sep 10, 2014Head of Recruiting

Hope you like the new space! :)

There are newer employer reviews for Ripple Labs

Worked for Ripple Labs? Contribute to the Community!