Challenging, Stimulating Environment

I have been working at Ripple Labs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ripple Labs was designed to be a place of constant innovation and learning, and that clearly carries through to the day-to-day environment. The entire team is smart, helpful, and passionate about their jobs. Everyone is extremely willing to help new employees learn, and there are weekly lunch and learn meetings to foster better understanding of cross-team topics. I knew as soon as I walked into my interview that this was absolutely the place for me.

It's an awesome time to be working at Ripple Labs, as we're growing rapidly and witnessing new, exciting developments everyday. It feels amazing to be part of building a product that is on the brink of transforming the finance industry. For people who are motivated by plugging into a larger vision, this is an environment where you really have a chance to shape the future.

Cons

Ripple is admittedly a complex technology for those of us who haven't come from a financial or cryptography background, so it takes patience and time to get up to speed. This is offset by the ample opportunities for learning. We're also in rapid growth stage which always comes with some minor growing pains, but the leadership team is well aware of the challenges and experienced in making the growth period as smooth as possible.

Advice to Management

The leadership team has done a great job of maintaining an open, constructive environment in the past, where everyone feels in the loop on the latest updates and able to provide input on company decisions. Let's make sure this continues as we add new team members and continue to foster a friendly, family-like environment.

reviews filtered by

Best group of people I've ever worked with

I have been working at Ripple Labs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The Ripple Protocol can truly change the world's approach to the movement of value
    -Always evaluating technologies e.g. Go
    -Great balance of diversities, gender and technical vs non-technical
    -Academic culture focused on learning and problem solving
    -Awesome new office space with roof terrace
    -Leadership devotes a lot of time to people and forming culture
    -Flat structure offers a lot of opportunity to progress and mold role
    -Direct access to CEO and CTO
    -The fact that culture is such a large part of the hiring process shows through in the people

Cons

-It's a startup and the lines of responsibility are often blurry. That works for a lot of people but isn't for everyone
    -Comparing to other startups and nitpicking - no catered lunches or gym memberships

Advice to Management

-Continue giving so much attention to people and culture as we grow
    -Keep hiring selective
    -Pay attention to the small details

2. The best place I have worked.

Current Employee - User Experience Product Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Product Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ripple Labs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Far and away, my favorite part of working at Ripple Labs is the people. It's amazing that we have kept up such a high bar in terms of talent as well as culture. The company has changed significantly as it has grown since I have joined, but the values that Ripple Labs and my coworkers hold dear have kept us moving together in a collaborative and challenging environment.

Cons

It is sometimes really stressful. Not in the sense that there is a lot of unnecessary pressure, but in the sense that each and every person here is very good at what they do, and there's the expectation that you always turn in great work.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing. I haven't had any reason to doubt the commitment to the employees or to the Ripple community.