There are newer employer reviews for Risk Management Solutions

Suck it up or quit

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people I work with are genuine, hardworking, very smart, very creative, really fun, dedicated to their jobs and their responsibilities. They are worthy of respect and admiration.

Cons

The people I work for could care less. The company is not what it used to be. The goal is clearly to make money, and to do so at the expense of treating employees with respect and dignity. The CEO himself is a nice guy, but if he were out looking for a job today, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to work at the company he helped to create. It's become cold, hard, and impersonal.

You say what makes RMS great is its people. Why then do you treat them like they are dispensable? If you could fire us all and replace us with trained monkeys, I think you would.

reviews filtered by

Overworked, overpaid, over-reorg, over-hyped

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I worked at Risk Management Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- pays well
    - pretty good benefits
    - decent commute
    - snack closet and free soda (mainly junk food though)

Cons

- you will be over worked, which is why they overpay you. Those on the product side tend to work on weekends.
    - yes they are moving to the cloud and big data but only if you're working on the new product. Otherwise, you're stuck supporting the old stuff.
    - overworked = no time to learn new things
    - managers are useless. They just run to their managers and do what they want.
    - operates on wild, wild west mentality. Departments gets their own contractors and you're stuck implementing/supporting their stuff which is totally different from existing infrastructure. Some contractors don't bother to respond until 6 months later (totally unheard of but happens here)
    - IT is very unresponsive.
    - reorgs and more reorgs with the same people.

Hire more people so things will get done and contractors won't be needed as much.

Have a plan at the high level, but more importantly, at the individual contributor level too.

Stop the reorgs. What's the point if it's just shuffling the same old people and the managers are only puppets that does what their managers want.

great invidual people - patchy management

Current Employee - Lead Risk Modeler in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Lead Risk Modeler in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions

Pros

Very very smart people - you will not meet a poorly qualified person as they do not last..

Cons

lots of politics, too many reorgs

people need a stable environment in which to be productive - cant be creative and productive if you have to worry about your job function!

There are newer employer reviews for Risk Management Solutions