Risk Management Solutions

www.rms.com
  www.rms.com
There are newer employer reviews for Risk Management Solutions

Used to be a great place

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Newark, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Newark, CA

I worked at Risk Management Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are quite a few great employees there to work with. Smart and hard working people. And there is a lot of cool technology to work on.

Cons

For a company that excels at catastrophe modeling, it is sure clueless how to model a great company. Upper management celebrate those that make them look good, aka PhD in BS. Those that want to be truthful about issues that, if resolved, could really do a lot of good are shunned or given a "package". And it doesn't matter if you are a new, a veteran, a quiet, or an in your face employee. The MO for these guys is, if you have a dissenting comment, get the hell out.

What ever happened to "our employees are our greatest asset"? Now it is, "limit regrettable attrition", and 5 seconds later, "what's regrettable about this person leaving?". Fire the upper management and get some people who know what a positive working environment is.

191 Other Employee Reviews for Risk Management Solutions (View Most Recent)

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time

Pros

Qualified and talented staff, pretty good benefits, flexible hours, decent location

Cons

Too many reorgs in the past few years, lots of politics, compensation not so good, management self-centered and uncaring when it comes to retaining old good people.

Suck it up or quit

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people I work with are genuine, hardworking, very smart, very creative, really fun, dedicated to their jobs and their responsibilities. They are worthy of respect and admiration.

Cons

The people I work for could care less. The company is not what it used to be. The goal is clearly to make money, and to do so at the expense of treating employees with respect and dignity. The CEO himself is a nice guy, but if he were out looking for a job today, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to work at the company he helped to create. It's become cold, hard, and impersonal.

You say what makes RMS great is its people. Why then do you treat them like they are dispensable? If you could fire us all and replace us with trained monkeys, I think you would.

There are newer employer reviews for Risk Management Solutions