There are newer employer reviews for Risk Management Solutions

Needs improvement, possibly an earthquake.

Current Employee - Engineer in Newark, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

+ Management does not know what you are doing so you can mess around all day and they won't know
+ The Bay area is full of other tech companies to work for

Cons

+ Management is unwilling to embrace new tech
+ Infighting
+ Demographically odd hiring practices
+ Politics are crazy
+ Not set up to meet people and make connections, people are uninterested and unmotivated to talk to their colleagues
+ Managers play favorites and then bad talk employees after they are gone, calling them trash, even the ones everyone remembers as being great
+ Cannot deliver anything on time or up to spec

+ Add 360 degree ANONYMOUS review process and convince employees that there will be no reprisals and that it is really anonymous
+ Make yourselves as accountable as you make the people you scapegoat into taking the blame for being late and incompetent
+ Quit

reviews filtered by

A place to be an individual and make your mark

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the most intelligent people I've ever worked with but also grounded, down to earth and humble. There is a great deal of information sharing.

I have the ability to try new things, and even with the risk of failure be supported by my team and upper management. (Yet to hear the words "We did that once and it didn't work!")

Because of our company size, the teams are smaller and people have the opportunity to really shine. This is not the place to work if you want to hide and aren't ready to "roll up your sleeves". Everyone has responsiblity and opportunity.

Cons

Majority of senior leadership is located in California and though they do travel extensively, their time in the remote offices is limited.

Be more visible. We see a lot of Hemant but the other leaders tend to focus on their direct reports. Would love to understand what each leader brings to the table and the overall vision of the company.

I love my job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

RMS give me tons of atonomy
    We are clearly aligned as a company
    Lots of support from upper management to be innovative and to take calculated risks
    Subject matter experts are valued
    Co-workers are friendly and I have great work/life balance
    Managers are accessible even the CEO

Cons

We are building out an entirely new cutting edge platform that will change they way we/industry do business. Change is always hard. We have a complex product that takes a while to get your head around.

Keep communicating with the employee base and continue to celebrate wins

There are newer employer reviews for Risk Management Solutions